SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    S&W Model 19 owners?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S&W Model 19 owners? Login/Join 
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted
I know we have a few S&W owners here some have ones that belong in a museum some are beat to all get out and shoot like a gem. Post 'em up good or bad. Thanks in advance ....... I'll start! S&W 19-3 only 36 rds. fired since new.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Pickle Rick,

Posts: 2873 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Model 66 OK? How about my 2-1/2" with grips purchased from a Forum member last year. I've owned this since new, well over 30 years:

One of these days I have to get a better picture! Roll Eyes

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9145 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
A 66 snub ....... I love it. Thanks for participating. Yours in sport, John

Posts: 2873 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
No pics, but have a couple,they are some of my favorite smiths,was a time I shot the hell out of them weekly.

Posts: 22409 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm Angler
posted Hide Post
I sold the 4", but still have the 2 1/2 with Spegel boot grips.

Posts: 186 | Location: Park County | Registered: February 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
19-6, factory nickel, case hardened trigger and hammer, target stocks. Found it in a pawn shop, and my father relieved me of the responsibility of caring for it when he saw it and uses it as his bedside gun. (And I am totally ok with this, go dad!)

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post

Very early Combat Magnum, circa 1956. Before they were given model numbers.

This is the 25th CM in the first serial range. They started at #260001 and this is #260026. Was sent to Smiths West Coast Rep as a sales sample.

Found it at the Reno Show several years back on a table for $450! Marked as a M-15 in an Estate sale.

This gun deserves a far better attempt at a photo...my apologies.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FN in MT,

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
Model 66 OK? How about my 2-1/2" with grips purchased from a Forum member last year. I've owned this since new, well over 30 years:

One of these days I have to get a better picture! Roll Eyes

I have a similar gun, only 3" (lew Horton special I think it is) with a very similar looking set of grips on it,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
S&W 19-6

Same Gun with VZ Grips

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1308 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 66-3 with original factory grips

and it's new grips, did not like the feel of the factory's.

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Wow, nice examples of one of my favorite revolvers. My first duty pistol in 1970 was a blued 4" Model 19...cost me almost a weeks pay at $125.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
I have a similar gun, only 3" (lew Horton special I think it is) with a very similar looking set of grips on it,

I wish I could find a 3" barrel for mine and swap it out. Unfortunately, I passed on the 3" when I got this one due to the lack of holsters available for it back in the mid-1980's, and I sure miss the extra 1/2" sight radius.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9145 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a mid-Nineties Model 19, not sure exactly which numeral after the dash, but I believe it was the last one before the lock, and a 19-3. Regrettably, I let them both get away when I entered an almost-all-1911 phase in 1997. I remedied that by acquiring a like-new 19-5 a few years ago. I made no attempt to keep it like-new; unless a gun has gold inlay or such, it should be carried and fired. I have nearly added a couple of other 19-5 sixguns since then

Have Colts, will travel

Posts: 3188 | Location: SE Texas | Registered: April 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
I have two currently. Great revolvers.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2757 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost, but making
good time
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:

Very early Combat Magnum, circa 1956. Before they were given model numbers.

This is the 25th CM in the first serial range. They started at #260001 and this is #260026. Was sent to Smiths West Coast Rep as a sales sample.

Found it at the Reno Show several years back on a table for $450! Marked as a M-15 in an Estate sale.

This gun deserves a far better attempt at a photo...my apologies.

Fantastic gun / find. You absolutely STOLE that gun, but I know that you already know that Big Grin

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

Posts: 10454 | Location: St Augustine | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost, but making
good time
posted Hide Post
This nickel 19-2 is one of the nicest S&W's in my collection. It shipped in November 1963. S&W must have been out of silver boxes so they shipped it in a blue one.

Another 19-2 from May 1968 in shooter condition. I gave this one to my Godson for his 21st Birthday

19-4 from February 1979

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

Posts: 10454 | Location: St Augustine | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great lookin' guns

Posts: 726 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 21sports
posted Hide Post
S&W Model 13 Performance Center

Model 13

Posts: 1626 | Location: OREGON | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No pics, but I have a 19-6 with the 2.5 inch barrel, and replaced the wood grips with Pachmayrs. Had a holster worn, early police trade-in with the 4" barrel in the early '90s, and parkerized it; then traded for something else. I miss that one...

Still waiting for S&W to bring them back as a Classic model.

Posts: 3214 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I carried a 4 inch in uniform for a while and a 2.5 inch in plain clothes for a couple years. Other than a Python I think they had the smoothest actions right out of the box. I never felt under-armed when carrying a model 19.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post