SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    How do you feel about the H&K P30SK?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How do you feel about the H&K P30SK? Login/Join 
Hey Man,
Nice Shot
Picture of Herbg22
posted
I think I want one for CCW and maybe a nighstand pistol. If you've owned one, how did you like it? My other options here are the H&K P2000SK and VP9Sk or the Sig P365.

"Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself."

Posts: 13124 | Location: Chicago | Registered: June 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cant go wrong with either of them. I carry both the P30sk v1 and alternate with the Vp9sk. Both for me are comfortable to carry in vedder light tuck holsters, interchangable grips, and very accurate.
My wife carrys the Sig 365(6/2018) build with absolutely no problems and a Glock 43(Both very accurate and extremely concealable)) with vedder light tucks with she says often that she forgets shes even carrying. Best thing to do is if you have a gun range near you that rents all of the above, you can handle and shoot and make your decision afterwards instead of purchasing one you're not happy with. Good Luck!

Posts: 41 | Location: Spencerport, New York | Registered: June 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a p30sk LEM that is awesome. I use a skull crush IWB holster and think it's a perfect cc pistol.

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just dumped an HK VP9SK in favor of my Kimber Pro Carry II in 9mm as my EDC. Try as I might to 'love' the HK, it just didn't 'feel right' in my hand, no matter which combination of back strap and side panels used.

I was paid $7.54/HR to go into harm's way so you didn't have to.

Posts: 646 | Location: Heart of Dixie! | Registered: April 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
All of them are darn good weapons. My wife and I chose the P365 for each of us. I looked at the H&Ks and went with the sig only based on size and weight.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I really like my LEM P30SK. As my other HKs it has been 100 percent reliable and easy to shoot well. Beyond the flush fit 10 round magazine HK makes 13 and 15 round magazines for it too with many of us feeling that the 13 round is the sweet spot for those of us that want a full grip option while still very concealable. For me it is also a great shooter with the flush fit 10 round magazines without pinky extender and a soft shooting pistol for its size. Pictures below of me gripping it with the 10 and 13 round magazine. With the 13 round magazine it is the same height as my Glock 19. Also a picture of first time shooting it with the 13 round magazine at 7 yards first range trip ever.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
The P30sk makes a great little do it all Pistol. Mag capacities from flush 10 rounds for easy carry, 13 and 15 round options for carry or HD. Rail for a light etc.

The main things to keep in mind are the following.

-It’s not a tiny single stack sized gun. It’s got some heft.
-HK triggers range from not that great DA/SA to “odd” with LEM. Neither is a deal breaker but try before you buy if possible.
-HKs are both sprung heavily and TIGHT out of the box. If you buy one and IF you have any failures make sure you clean and lube the gun and run a box or three or hotter and or heavier ammo before running 115 grain powderpuff stuff.
-If the gun shoots low out of the box.....it’s you not the gun. At least I would say there is a VERY low probability it’s the gun. Smile.
-Experiment with the grip inserts all around.
-If possible get the LE-A5 model as it comes with an extra mag and a nice set of night sights for not a ton of extra money.
-If you have a legitimate problem with a new HK ask your questions here or another agnostic board like TFL or THR. The reason being lots of hardcore HK fans can get their panties in a twist at the mere thought of one not being perfect. Dealing with that kind of Delta Bravo can be challenging. There is a lot of HK knowledge here and on other agnostic forums that don’t get all wrapped up in brand loyalty.
-HK customer service is actually first rate and has been for many years now. They may still hate you and think you suck but at least they have learned to fake it. Wink

All in all I love my HK’s but they are not for everybody.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I have 13 HK's including the P30sk. I bought a P365 as it is better sized for pocket carry which I prefer. Even if I was to go non pocket carry, I would take the P365. Perfect size and even with a Hogue Handall on it, it is still thinner than the P30sk. But the P30sk is a great gun so if you go that route, I believe you will not be disappointed

Posts: 151 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have the P30, but do have the P2000SK. I carried it in an ankle holster for a time (got married wearing one, in fact).

Great pistol; I like the LEM trigger configuration.

The only drawback I had was all the magazine springs going flat and losing their spring after sitting loaded. HK's response was to tell me that their magazines should not be kept loaded, and only loaded to shoot.

Idiots.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try the LEM version. The P30 is a good pistol we had a bunch of them as range guns. They never had an issue that wasn't user induced.

Posts: 4590 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I absolutely love mine, shoots very well and the D/A trigger kinda sucks but it just works.
But. A Glock 19 is pretty much identical in size except a little slimmer and holds 5 more rounds with a full handed grip. So it’s not very size efficient but you will like it. Hope you’re ready for 50 dollar mags. Also the slide stop is really over sized and even while thinking about it I still accidentally hit it damn near every time so my last round hold open may as well not be a feature but I have large hands

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the P2000sk in DA/SA and the P30sk LEM and love them both. The LEM gets most of the carry time, the grip just feels great.. I have 5 H&K's and have never had a failure of any kind. The P2000sk is a .40 and the P30 is a 9mm. With the advances in ballistics I feel confident with 9mm.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a P30sk LEM and like it. I carry it in a Mitch Rosen Upper Limit OWB holster when I'm not carrying my P365, Shield or G26. I carry it with the flat 10 round mag and carry a 13 rounder in a Comp-Tac single mag carrier as backup. It's been reliable and I shoot it well.

Posts: 756 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
I carry a P30sk about 90% of the time in a StealthGear Ventcore holster. The other 10% is a Glock 43X. The HK just fits my hand better. I’ve been shooting the P30 line for a while. Transitioned that over to shooting a VP9 in competition. If I were to go away from the P30sk it’d probably be in favor of a VP9sk.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have a P30 V1 (my carry gun) and two V1 SK's; one as her carry gun, and the other for dry-fire. Even having large hands, the SK is excellent, and I can shoot it just fine with the 10r pinky extension, but given the choice, prefer the 13r. It conceals easily, and is a great shooter, especially for a sub-compact.
We both love the LEM, granted we were shooting Sig 226 & 229 prior, so the transition to LEM was no big deal. If a person has issues with trigger reach, (proper finger position on the trigger) the LEM might be the perfect solution, it solved my wife's issue, and she shoots it well.

Posts: 198 | Location: SE Louisiana  | Registered: August 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post