SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P938 Hogue rubber grips for SAS - possible?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P938 Hogue rubber grips for SAS - possible? Login/Join 
Picture of slim4511
posted
Interested in possibly adding a P938 as a little brother of my P228. What I would want is the SAS with rubber Hogue grips instead of the walnut the SAS model comes with. From a fit and performance standpoint, is there any problem just changing the stock SAS grips out for the Hogue's?

Posts: 32 | Location: Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know why that won't work. I have a 938 SAS and was surprised how functional the stock grips were so you may want to shoot some before buying the Hogue. BTW the 938 has now become my every day carry and love it.

Several Sigs and some others. Like and use them all.

Posts: 28 | Location: alabama | Registered: February 10, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slim4511
posted Hide Post
Thanks VSM I may just do that. I do like the rubber on my 228 so was wondering if it was possible on the 938 as well.

Posts: 32 | Location: Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I put the Hogue rubber grips on my SAS. Easy, breezy. I like them a lot.
I suppose I did it out of habit, having swapped Hogues onto several other pistols in the past.

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slim4511
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Did you use the one piece or two panel Hogue rubber grips?

Manufactures Rep.
Picture of Ken @ Hogue Inc
posted Hide Post
Hogue rubber grips for the P938 are only available in the one piece design but in a multitude of colors as shown here

Need technical help with Hogue products and your firearm?

Try the Hogue Knowledge Base for answers!

Hogue Gear
Holsters and more...
www.hogueinc.com
www.hogueknives.com www.heatedtoiletseat.com www.zombiegrips.com
Ken@hogueinc.com

View or Download your Catalog today;

2023 Catalog

2023 Knife Catalog

Hogue AR-15/ Catalog

Request a Catalog

Posts: 1597 | Location: Home Office, Paso Robles, CA -Headquarters, Henderson, NV. -W/Warehouses in San Diego, CA and Vienna, Austria | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slim4511
posted Hide Post
Thanks for clearing that up for me.

No more Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of cobrajet
posted Hide Post
I pocket carry my P938, the houge grips might make that more difficult if that is your plan.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The problem with our Liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, it's that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan

Posts: 12401 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: November 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SteveR2012
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slim4511:
Interested in possibly adding a P938 as a little brother of my P228. What I would want is the SAS with rubber Hogue grips instead of the walnut the SAS model comes with. From a fit and performance standpoint, is there any problem just changing the stock SAS grips out for the Hogue's?

While not an SAS I carry my P938 with Hogue rubber grips in either an IWB or pocket holster without any issues.

Posts: 109 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post