SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Wilson Combat 1911 X-TAC 45acp
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wilson Combat 1911 X-TAC 45acp Login/Join 
Lost, but making
good time
posted
I've never been much of a 1911 guy, but I've always said that every gun guy should have at least one high end 1911 in their collection.

I made a career change about a year ago and I now work at a good sized shooting range and gun shop. We are one of the only authorized Wilson Dealers in our area and I've been handling and fondling the Wilson's that we have in stock for the past 10 months.

I've purposely avoided adding a 1911 to my collection because I was worried that if I did, there'd be no looking back. I have somewhat of an addictive personality when it comes to collecting guns, and I know 1911's are a slippery slope.

About two weeks ago one of our regular customers, and a long time shooting buddy came into the shop to sell his Wilson on consignment. When I took the gun out of the bag to write it up, I knew it was "the one".

He had the gun built to his specs in July, 2012. Since then it's lived the life of a safe queen with only 100 rounds having been put through it.

We struck up a price that we both could live with and I'm extremely happy to say that now it's mine. In the past two weeks, I've tripled its round count and I'm planning on continuing to get her dirty!

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

Posts: 10454 | Location: St Augustine | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wilson builds some very nice 1911's. That one is a beautiful pistol.
I've had few nice ones but never a Wilson or Baer. Best for me has been the DW line.
They are addictive and once you get to top tier, expensive also.
Congrats on a great pistol.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
You are gonna love it. The trigger is great. I have a CQB in 45. Also a CQB in 9 (unfired). You will buy another!

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
That is absolutely beautiful.

Congratulations!!!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
I'm a proud owner of a pair of CQBs (5" 38 super and 4" 45acp).

It's hard to do better than a Wilson (also own Ed Brown) without going full bespoke.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the X-Tac. I have a CQB and it is my absolute favorite handgun I own, it is such a joy to shoot. And you're correct, buying a 1911 can lead to more, I had to get a Les Baer Premier II after the Wilson Wink

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16666 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
That's a real work of art, congrats!

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
Your hooked now!!!

Thats a great way to start, then Browns and Baers and Dan Wesson's...

Ask me how I know. Smile

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pistol. I will work you that you can't stop at 1 1911.

Posts: 636 | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a beauty! I really want a Wilson Combat 1911 in 9mm.

Posts: 2183 | Registered: July 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pistol, Blindref. I hope you enjoy it.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1929 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Interesting timing.... I was just looking at a new one of those today. Torn between that and a used CQB two tone (OD & Black) with a heavy barrel. Both about the same price. Decisions, decisions!

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost, but making
good time
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nframe:
Your hooked now!!!

Ask me how I know. Smile

We've got a nice Ed Brown that I've been looking at almost everyday. I'm doing my best to sell it so the temptation goes away

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

Posts: 10454 | Location: St Augustine | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Well spec'd out gun. Congrats on lasting MONTHS!

Posts: 4809 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
That is a beautiful gun. Great way to jump into 1911s.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
That is one nice 1911! You've found your grail gun. Enjoy it.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a very nice way to start your relationship with the 1911.
Congratulations!

Posts: 747 | Location: Vermont | Registered: February 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Congrats, that's a great-looking 1911. Welcome to the 1911 Club! Smile

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blindref:
quote:
Originally posted by Nframe:
Your hooked now!!!

Ask me how I know. Smile

We've got a nice Ed Brown that I've been looking at almost everyday. I'm doing my best to sell it so the temptation goes away

I prefer my Ed Brown over my Wilson quite a bit!

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Looking at these beautiful 1911s is not good for me at all.

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post