SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    How can these factory German P210 Legend mags be so cheap?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How can these factory German P210 Legend mags be so cheap? Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Because they were made in Italy, that's how. Roll Eyes

As we all know, the Legend mags are a little pricey. SIG Store sells them for $102.

You can get them much cheaper at TGS, at $63. Still expensive, though.

So, when you see them go for $41 niw, you buy them, right? Why not? So, I got five, expecting the German mags. Well, guess what? According to the box, they were made in Germany. Woo hoo! Take a close look at the actual mags themselves, they were MADE IN ITALY. I know they will function just fine, as they are Mec-Gar, but WTF, SIG? Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
leave the magazines take the cannoli...

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, where DID you get them so inexpensively? I have no objection to Italian magazines-at 40 percent the price of German ones.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
Do these work in the P210A? Baseplate looks shorter.

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Here's a logical explanation: the label was made in Germany. Razz

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
WTF, SIG?

$$$$$, that's wut.

At least they aren't Made in India or Pak-E-stan. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
So, where DID you get them so inexpensively? I have no objection to Italian magazines-at 40 percent the price of German ones.

Uh yeah this.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Yeah...the glories of outsourcing. At least it's to someone who generally KNOWS what they're doing. However the real kicker is that if Mec-Gar were to market them under their OWN label and rollmark, they would be $20 apiece. Smile

But WHO did you buy these from? Or is this one of those gun world 'secrets' (like favorite hunting spots) that never gets divulged...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
grabagun is 38.72 and shipping is about 10 when you buy 5 mags

eurooptic 34.22 with free shipping if you spend 250

Posts: 239 | Registered: April 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Was just browsing GB for some P210 stuff and found them. Seller had 10. Bought 5. And, it looks like someone else bought the rest.

quote:
Originally posted by JBird679:
Do these work in the P210A? Baseplate looks shorter.

Yes, will work in the American P210 and also in the Swiss P210 with the side mag release.

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
So are they American 210 length and won't work with a heel catch Swiss 210?

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
So are they American 210 length and won't work with a heel catch Swiss 210?

Yup, check them, and they are the exact same mag body as the one from the P210A. So, no go for the Swiss heel release P210.

Q

goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Grabbed half a dozen and a couple of 320 mags.
Thanks

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Bummer, at least I got a bunch of Legend mags when they were available.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Here's a logical explanation: the label was made in Germany. Razz
FTW!!!!!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Those SIG marketing guys are just the greatest aren't they.

NRA Life

Posts: 1561 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post