Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG 250-22 Login/Join 
Picture of Gambit
posted
I have the opportunity to pick one up at a very reasonable price.
I don't really need another 22, but the reading I've been doing has me interested (caliber being interchangeable and such). It would be just for plinking.
I am a little concerned about the reports of people not liking the trigger pull.
Anyone care to share first hand experiences with this pistol.
Thanks

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I had a P250 in 9mm, not the .22, but it was a very nice pistol. I gave it to my daughter. The trigger was long, like a revolver, but consistent and smooth. I think it's worth a try if it's a good deal for you.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1680 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gambit:
It would be just for plinking.

A P250-22 is not a dedicated target pistol, but it is an excellent utility pistol or kit gun. In fact, a P250-22 has very nearly the same dimensions and weight as a 3" S&W Model 63, which is a classic example of a kit gun (at twice the cost).

quote:
Originally posted by Gambit:
I am a little concerned about the reports of people not liking the trigger pull.

New shooters seem to learn a P250's trigger just fine. Experienced shooters typically either love the trigger or hate it.

The trigger stroke is long, but smooth and light at 5.5-6.5 pounds. If you shoot a DA revolver well, a P250 may feel like it has the best DA revolver trigger you have ever pulled. If you normally shoot striker-fired pistols with very short trigger pulls, a P250 will quickly remind you that a gun must be held steady while pulling the trigger.

Posts: 625 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: March 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
I wish SIG would make a P320-22 or at least a conversion kit.

Posts: 1921 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fire Away:
I wish SIG would make a P320-22 or at least a conversion kit.

A P320-22 is probably a doubtful proposition. Ruger's CEO had this response to why Ruger did not make a striker-fired version of the LC380 as they had made a striker-fired version of the LC9:
quote:
Striker-fired guns are typically "cock-on-close" and, as a result, they require a recoil spring that is substantially stronger than the striker spring so that they can compress (cock) that spring when returning the slide into battery (on close). But the 380 is not powerful enough to reliably compress a recoil spring that is also strong enough to overcome the striker spring. So 380 is not a great choice for cock-on-close striker mechanism. Long-term, we may work on a cock-on-open striker-fired mechanism to try to overcome this shortfall.

If a .380 was not powerful enough to work, that would seem to indicate that a .22 might be even less feasible.

Posts: 625 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: March 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post