SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    "Suppressor Height" Front sight for P226 Leupold DeltaPoint Rear?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Suppressor Height" Front sight for P226 Leupold DeltaPoint Rear? Login/Join 
The SIG Kahuna
Picture of GeeTen
posted
Hi all,

OK, I finally decided to convert my NP3'd W. German Mass Police P226 to a Carry Optic pistol (old eyes and weak knees Frown ). New (to me) guns just too expensive right now to spend the $$$ to try something out that may not work (for me).

Going to have a Leupold DeltaPoint Pro 2.5MOA dot reflex scope milled onto the slide with the Leupold "snap-in" rear sight. Says I need a "suppressor height" front sight to co-witness with the dot.

What is "suppressor height"? I think the tallest Sig front iron sight is a #5 (6.01mm) but may not be "tall" enough - aftermarket front sight recommendations, please?

TIA for you suggestions,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)

I miss Erhardt!

Posts: 2831 | Location: Red Sox/Patriots Nation | Registered: June 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Frank, take a look at Dawson Precision's web sight. They have a large assortment of sights available for the P226. I believe they offer suppressor front sights as well. Plus they have the expertise to guide you to the proper height. Call them if you don't see what you need.

https://dawsonprecision.com/sights/sig-sauer-sights/

Ameriglo also offers suppressor sights for SIGs.

Good luck.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10490 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The OEM sights are not what you need. I use the trijicon ones in my milled 226 slide.
https://www.trijicon.com/na_en...ct2_bntss.php?mid=15
Dawson is also another source as are most other sight manufactures.
I would make sure that whoever mills your slide tells you the height you need. Some combinations don't work.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
The OEM sights are not what you need. I use the trijicon ones in my milled 226 slide.
https://www.trijicon.com/na_en...ct2_bntss.php?mid=15
Dawson is also another source as are most other sight manufactures.
I would make sure that whoever mills your slide tells you the height you need. Some combinations don't work.

Hi, could you provide link to the sights you use? The above mentioned link is not valid any more. Maybe sice that time you found some better front sights for P226.

I have P226 LDC (1) and do not really sure which front sight avaliabe now can fit to Leupold DeltaPoint Rear. Are you aware of any sights which could fit?

Posts: 1 | Registered: December 18, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
The DPP is very large. Im not sure a sight even exist that would work with that red dot?

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have you identified a company who can mill the legacy folded carbon steel slide of that W. German? Assuming that is the slide you have, I've never heard of or come across that being done. Those still doing Sig slide milling generally require stainless / milled slides.

You likely need to acquire an alternative more modern slide.

Posts: 351 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
You can buy a complete slide with red dot already installed from Sig for like $500. Not a bad way to go honestly. You could always recoup your money if you need to sell.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
Not that I have spent a lot of time looking but I also don't know of a company that will mill a folded slide Sig.

In any case, it's possible part 1203331-06-R or 1203331-08-R will work. These are the factory #6 and #8 contrast suppressor height front sights. I have the 06 version and the matching rear sight on a slide that I can put a DPP on to check but my DPP doesn't have the snap-in rear sight. The Sig suppressor sights work ok with a Romeo1 Pro (which is a relatively tall optic) if I recall correctly.

Posts: 4078 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't help with the P226, but I have a Glock 17 with a Gabe Suarez slide cut for the DPP. I requested a front sight with a small plain tritium dot when I ordered it. The front sight is .410" tall and works well with the DPP rear sight.

Posts: 783 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
Personally, I wouldn't mess with the NP3 slide. It's fantastic as is. I'd just go get one of the newer Sig 226RX slides, either with optic or add your own. The ones I've purchased came with optic/suppressor height sights as well. That way you can return the gun to its normal when you want.

Posts: 823 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post