SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Refinish a P220- burnt bronze or copper
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Refinish a P220- burnt bronze or copper Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone refinished a P220 in a burnt bronze or copper finish ..... maybe close to the emperor finish.

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I did an AR in Burnt Bronze, I thought about doing a Jericho 941 in that color.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
I always thought the ed brown special forces Link

Looked pretty good with the bronze two tone

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Not a P220 or burnt bronze but similar

I had CCR do my P229 in their tri-tanium with house black controls and CPII barrel.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Which ever you do decide, please post some pics as I’m sure I’m not the only one interested on how it will turn out!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not a P220 or burnt bronze but similar

I had CCR do my P229 in their tri-tanium with house black controls and CPII barrel.

Likewise, I had a 92FS done in Tritanium. The problem with taking pics is that Tritanium can appear different color tones, depending on the light. It has an earthy, almost metallic tone. I found it hard to get a good pic that looks like the actual gun.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Sweet pic BBS. Love the gun and the photography skills.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cummings Custom Refinishing
posted Hide Post
BigBoreShoooter
You are so right Tritanium is very very hard to photograph. I think sometimes we should have called the color chameleon.

10Xshooter
We can do Burnt Bronze in our Cera-Hide

Cummings Custom Refinishing offers Quality Craftsmanship at affordable prices. Fully Lic FFL's for over 30 years
OFTEN IMITATED BUT NEVER DUPLICATED
423-639-8924
www.ccrrefinishing.com

Posts: 5208 | Location: Eastern Tn | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CCR:
BigBoreShoooter
You are so right Tritanium is very very hard to photograph. I think sometimes we should have called the color chameleon.

10Xshooter
We can do Burnt Bronze in our Cera-Hide

Mary, Thanks again for the rebirth of a great pistol! And for the quick turnaround and smoothest of transactions! You guys are the BEST!

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
burnt bronze looks like crap when it starts to wear, imo.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 10mm 220 in the Emperor finish. I wanted the gun for its features not the finish but that finish has grown on me. It looks real good on the P220.

Posts: 82 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone have a pic of the CCR burnt bronze?

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
I have a Wilson Combat EDC X9 in two tone Burnt Bronze and Black. I can take a pic of it and post it if you'd like. They have some fancy name for the finish, but I believe it's Cera- Kote

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
It's very hard to photograph CCR Tritanium. It looks awesome in person.

Here's a before/after shot

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not that my opinion matters, but I like it.

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig P220 Stainless Elite Carry: due to rust spots, I fixed it and had it CeraKoted. I went semi-gloss black on slide and all parts, with Tungsten on frame.

I know many may not like it, but I also went E2 grips on it, as they just feel 'right' in my hands.

Sigs and Non-Sigs: I enjoy having options!

Posts: 683 | Location: South San Joaquin Valley, CA | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post