SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig Legion Qns
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Legion Qns Login/Join 
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted
Please forgive my ignorance, but two questions were recently asked by a friend interested in SIG Legion pistols, who knows of my fondness for the SIG brand. Unfortunately I didn't have a clue as to the correct answers:

1. Are the Black Nitron legion pistols only available through a blue label (police/military only) purchasing program?

2. Does the E2 enhanced grip fit the P226 or P229 Legion?

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes to question 1.

I believe yes to Q2 as well

Posts: 532 | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Thanks - looks like I’m going to have to relay that the secondary market is his only option, if he doesn’t want to buy then refinish a Legion. Another dumb marketing move by Sig.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have your friend check the new 2021 Sig market for consumers. They are reissuing Elites in the 220/226/229 line-up. They have the normal black Nitron finish, but with several Legion-like features (SRT, front cocking serrations, beavertail and frame undercut).

For those of us that don’t want the Legion finish, the Elites are a good alternative.

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post