SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Advise on Grips for a P239
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Advise on Grips for a P239 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I also found the rubber grips too clingy. Now the pistol has G10 Hogue grips, and they are great. They have just a bit more palm swell than the OEM grips, and feel very, very excellent.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 808
posted Hide Post
I must agree with the Hogue G10 grips. I purchased mine used from Sig Forum member and love them . They stick to your hands like glue .

Posts: 1231 | Location: Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania | Registered: February 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
My concern with the G10 grips is do they add thickness? I put g10s on my M25 to specifically thin down because the factory grips were too fat... has Hogue done the opposite with P239 grips and made them thicker? Because that is what "I think' I want on this pistol, just a bit thicker. I've ordered a set of the rubber combat grips through Midway,... needed to order some other stuff any way and at $22 for these I'm not out much.... G10s are more of an investment and I would hope not to have them sitting in my locker of gun stuff.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The G10 grips are slightly thinner with a slightly different contour than factory. What they do is give you a slip-free grip under recoil. Especially with some skateboard tape on the front strap,

Many shooters are under the impression that thicker grips will give better control. Not necessarily. The G10's, to whit.

What thicker grips WILL do is slightly lengthen the length of the trigger finger pad to trigger face distance. Conversely, thinner grips will slightly decrease same. If trigger finger placement is what needs fixing, this is one way to do it.

If control under recoil is the issue, the degree of surface aggressiveness and the grip contour is what matters. Subject to variances in the shooter's grip mechanics and hand/finger characteristics.

I can only provide my experiences. Can't tell anybody else what will definitely work for them. As mentioned in my post, I've used factory, Hogue rubber and G10's. For me, the G10's provided the best overall performance. Good luck with the rubber, only way to definitively find out is shoot with them.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had G10 Hogues on my P239 for a number of years. Great grips. I found the factory original grips to be a bit slippery.

Posts: 4587 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
Karl Nill.

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
The Oriental Redneck speaks true, Grasshopper. Get the Hogues.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Amazon has the CTG in stock ($185) for those interested.

Crimson Trace LG-439 Lasergrips Red Laser Sight Grips for Sig Sauer P239 Pistols

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000...cp_api_SuZ-Bb1XSAQ1Q

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nukeandpave:
Karl Nill.

After trying a few grips on the 2 P239s I owned, including Hogue rubber and CTC, the best grips in the hand were Nills..

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
Crimson Trace grips are where I settled after years of trying all the others. I found the Hogue's a bit too "tacky", but they felt good. CT's have a superb hand fill and just enough grip, without overdoing it. As others have said, the laser is an "extra" - you can turn it off anyway, if you don't like it.

Posts: 823 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I got the Hogue grips and am not sure I like them.. my 'top' grip finger seems to rub against the trigger guard and it does not feel comfortable.. that finger must be fatter than normal (kind of like the rest of me is going)... I broke down, Christmas is coming, and ordered a set of the Crimson Traces and they should arrive today (If a crook doesn't snag the package) and I'll probably try them too...

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Started out with the Hogue one-piece on my 9mm P239 . . . until the GF decided that would become HER carry gun. And the Hogue was just a little too 'fat' for her to get a good grip.
The factory grip panels fit her hand much better, so the Hogue came off and the factory grips went back on.

Got my own P239 and put the Hogue on it. But, as some others have mentioned, the rubber feels a little too "gripy" for IWB carry. So the factory panels are back on that gun and the Hogue is in the drawer.

Posts: 603 | Registered: December 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
I got the Hogue grips and am not sure I like them.. my 'top' grip finger seems to rub against the trigger guard and it does not feel comfortable.. that finger must be fatter than normal (kind of like the rest of me is going)... I broke down, Christmas is coming, and ordered a set of the Crimson Traces and they should arrive today (If a crook doesn't snag the package) and I'll probably try them too...

I read your OP about the grips and knew I had a old set of Hogue one-piece finger groove rubber grips here and I found them tonight.

I was going to send them to you but I see you got some.

If anyone else needs some for a P239 i would be glad to send them to them.

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MT357Magnum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by charlie12:
quote:

I read your OP about the grips and knew I had a old set of Hogue one-piece finger groove rubber grips here and I found them tonight.

Charlie, I'll take the grips if no-one else wants them..

Thank You..

Posts: 2601 | Location: Mich | Registered: September 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Yep, that squared front strap was the main nemesis as to why I never seriously considered the P239 for purchase. The rubber Hogue wraparound muted the squared off frame but introduced finger grooves that don't align well at all with my small hands and digits.

The Nill grips look pretty spiffy on the gun, though (sorry Q).

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I prefer the Hogue G-10 grips.

Jerry

Posts: 11 | Location: Tallahassee | Registered: October 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MT357Magnum:
quote:
quote:

Thank You..

And I would be glad to send them to you. They are used but still good.
Send me a email with your mailing info and I'll send them to you. My email is in my profile.

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MT357Magnum
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MT357Magnum:
quote:
quote:

Thank You..

And I would be glad to send them to you. They are used but still good.
Send me a email with your mailing info and I'll send them to you. My email is in my profile.

E-Mail sent,

Thank You Sir and Merry Christmas !!

Posts: 2601 | Location: Mich | Registered: September 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tcfiero
posted Hide Post

I have a set of hogue black aluminum grips for whomever would like them. First to email me and I will ship them out for free.

Posts: 327 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: June 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tcfiero:

I have a set of hogue black aluminum grips for whomever would like them. First to email me and I will ship them out for free.

Email sent!

Posts: 375 | Location: The Dark And Bloody Ground | Registered: July 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post