SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Help with the Romeo1 sight
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help with the Romeo1 sight Login/Join 
posted
I've been shooting a P320 Nitron full size for a year (just began shooting pistols in January and settled on this SIG). Over the year I've shot well over 10,000 rounds on this gun and some others -- never with any optics. I just bought a P320 RX compact and suddenly I cannot shoot straight at all with the Romeo1 sight. It feels totally different to look towards the front sight and just see the window and a red dot -- and rely on that instead of my usual front and then back sights. Is this an acquired change which will take time? Or am I missing something here? I'm pretty accurate up to 10 yards but with the Romeo1 I'm shooting as if I'm blind.

Any help or advice would be appreciated. I'm supremely frustrated. Thank you.

Posts: 2 | Registered: December 06, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have you zeroed the dot?

You need to adjust the elevation and windage to coincide with where the point of impact.

Posts: 1335 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
I zeroed my red dot for 10 yards, with the dot on my front sight, not in the center of the window. Although the dot will sit low in the window that way, it allows me to hold the pistol the same way for shooting with the red dot, using co-witness sights, or point shooting. This helps me with finding the dot on presentation. A 10 yard zero gives me the bullet trajectory that I want for a handgun.

I've found my Sig P320 RX to be extremely accurate. You will need to focus on the target, not the dot when you shoot. The dot will appear where it should. Hope your accuracy improves, and welcome to the forum!

Here's a simple video on how to zero a pistol red dot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9k23Rl7Los

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guys thank you.

Arty, I'm going to the range tomorrow to zero the red dot. I agree on where to put it -- setting it in the middle of the window will be very strange for me I suspect as it's against everything I've done since I began shooting.

Posts: 2 | Registered: December 06, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
I hope it works out well for you. I really enjoy my RX. Smile

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
RDS on a pistol is not as immediately intuitive as on a rifle. It takes practice to figure out how to find it quickly.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For sure finding the dot in a hurry is an acquired skill, but if in slow fire you can't get a small group (I don't care if its in the right place that's what zeroing is for) there is something else wrong (assuming you can make a small group with irons).
Since I have seen lots of Romeo1's go down at our local matches I'd be inclined to suspect something mechanical in either the sight or mount.
I'd bench rest it at a reasonable range and see what kind of group you get and go from their first.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I took to the Romeo on my P320 RX right away. I did have to zero it, but that only took a few shots. Hope you get used to yours, I think RDS's are great sighting systems.

Posts: 56 | Registered: November 29, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
Ok, once again.

If the iron sights are sighted in...

When you can see the iron sights through the window and you line the iron sights and the target up like normal the red dot should also line up with the target, sitting right on the center/top of the iron sights.

You don't have to line the iron sights to use the red dot after initial sight in though, if the red dot is on the target, no matter where the red dot is in the window the point of impact should still be on the target because of how red dots are designed and how paralax works.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post