SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Astra A-70 9mm
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Astra A-70 9mm Login/Join 
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted
Bought this Astra A-70 last year and things have been crazy and never got around to shooting this thing.

Dug it out of the safe today to clean and lube it.

Really seems like a solid little gun, all steel so it should be pretty soft shooting. Its a real clean example complete with case and 2 mags. No wear, bumps or bruises.

The mags seem to be lacking in the quality department. Feed lips are sharp and will cut you when loading and un-loading. Springs are probably the worst fitting and designed. Really don't fit the follower at all. Not sure if someone had changed them out or not but as few rounds as this thing has I kinda doubt it.

Found new factory mags at Numrich and ordered two anyway.

Anyone else remember these or own one? Any good or bad about them?

Posts: 18034 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
Any good or bad about them?
It's a Spanish pistol, which means inconsistent quality. It might run like a champ, or it might not.

Posts: 107566 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fits well in some .45 ACP Officers Model holsters.

Posts: 246 | Registered: December 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Well I didn't expect much when I bought it so heres hoping it'll run half decent anyway.
Would never be anything but for range use, but can't stand a jam-0-matic either... Smile

Posts: 18034 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a Astra A75L 9mm that came out of a junk box in my LGS. I paid $68.00 for it in 2009, rusty, filthy, no magazines. I got two mags from Numerich and a spring kit from Wolff, a $3.00 can of black high temp engine paint to cover the nasty slide. I had right at $100.00 in it, and it is still running like a Singer sewing machine.

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Colby not bad for what you have in it... Smile

Picture of bakerj
posted Hide Post
Friend of mine in Havana was issued an A-90 by Minit, has carried it for 30 years. Says it is dead reliable and prefers it over the Makarov. one of his grips was broken and Numrich was out so got set of custom Walnut grips from a Guy in Turkey that are just like Nills. Looks awesome.

Posts: 290 | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post