SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG 1911 Emperor RMR'd Baby.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG 1911 Emperor RMR'd Baby. Login/Join 
posted
Just finished up proofing my 1911 RMR slide cuts, and what better Pistol to Use as a Test cut Dummy.

Posts: 56 | Registered: August 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Really nice work, I like how low the RMR is mounted. I bet that gun is a hoot to shoot!

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
The rear sight is part of the base. How cool is that? Is there material remaining above its extractor? Also, any issue with fireing pin safety or does the Sig not come with one?

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pittwm
posted Hide Post
That is a Trijicon mount correct?

Posts: 5445 | Location: Paducah KY | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
That does look like a pretty slick setup, especially that rear sight/mounting plate assembly. Is that plate flat across the bottom, or is it shaped to overhang to allow for added slide steel above the extractor? Hard for me to tell from the pics.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
I like the look. It does seem like a lot of steel has been milled off the rear of the slide.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
That looks pretty dang good!

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SCHWINGGGGG!!!!

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
Jarrod,

That is some nice looking work. What is your thought on how best to rack that configuration?

The RMR sure makes for a tall b/u sight. There seems to be a lot of bulk/steel in the rear sight. I wondered about the mass of the mount as a whole and how the slide cycles. .45 has some wompum but I was wondering how it works.

Again, though, it is attractive in terms of fit and finish.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tubetone:
Jarrod,

That is some nice looking work. What is your thought on how best to rack that configuration?

The RMR sure makes for a tall b/u sight. There seems to be a lot of bulk/steel in the rear sight. I wondered about the mass of the mount as a whole and how the slide cycles. .45 has some wompum but I was wondering how it works.

Again, though, it is attractive in terms of fit and finish.

I'm not sure I'm tracking here, Are you asking how it shoots? it's one of the better "out of the Box" 1911 I have played with. Racking the pp
istol with a RDs is much easier as there is a nice shelf on the rear of the pistol to do it.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pittwm:
That is a Trijicon mount correct?

The mounting system shown here is a Trijicon 1911 RMR adaptor plate, they are specifically made for the 1911 Slides and have the side "overhang" for cosmetic purposes.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jarod@PMM,

Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jarod@PMM:
I'm not sure I'm tracking here, Are you asking how it shoots? it's one of the better "out of the Box" 1911 I have played with. Racking the pp
istol with a RDs is much easier as there is a nice shelf on the rear of the pistol to do it.

Thanks for the reply. It just looked like a lot of mass and I wondered if it had any issues with how it "cycles." By mass, I meant weight

With an overhand technique I find RMRs bulky to rack and with the large rear sight it seemed like a long reach. That is all. I thought you made the mount.

Even with an Aristocrat iron sight it is a bit of a reach for me. Do you use an overhand technique? To reach the serrations, I have a lot of bulky palm on the top of a slide.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post