SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    QLS or RTI, anyone have any experience?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

QLS or RTI, anyone have any experience? Login/Join 
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted
Has anyone had experience with the Safariland QLS or the G Code RTI platforms for swapping holsters on an equipment belt. I have a HSGI Duty-Grip padded belt that is part of my “Grab-and-Go” gear, I use the belt mounted accessories as they can be moved or changed easier than Molle. All except for my pistol holster which requires me the take the belt out of the Duty-Grip to remove the belt slide. I am looking at one of the above platforms to make it easier to change my Safariland ALS holsters. Any input would be appreciated.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
I use the safariland QLS system I order to move my holster from my duty belt to an instructor belt for soft uniform use. It does add a little bit of bulk, causing the holster to sit slightly further away from the body. This is not necessarily a drawback, rather something to be aware of and put in the training time to get used to it.

Overall I really like the system and the ability to easily move my holster as needed.

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
Phred, Thanks for the input. To have the pistol stand a little proud may be an advantage allowing more room to get a proper grip on the draw. The belt is not a concealed carry so it may not matter.

If cost is a factor, the QLS system is least expensive. I can equip 3 holsters for the cost of a RTI wheel and still have to buy the hangers.

That said, has anyone had experience with the RTI system?

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
QLS here on a range belt that I swap multiple holsters to. Works fine, sticks out a bit. One advantage is you can slightly reduce the cant of the holster when you mount it to the fork.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big fan of the G Code RTI system.

I am running their system on several rigs including my "battle belt" kit. I had originally had issue with G Code not having a lot of holsters for other not so popular brands, I am a CZ fan boy. Last year taking a carbine class I met Josh owner of a company called Longs Shadow that can set up for the RTI wheel. I have since purchased two of their holsters including one they custom made for my CZ Phantom. Expensive but excellent quality and they are all great guys.

It does offset from your side a bit but that is a plus for my setup and sounds like it would be for you. You can also run a chest rig with no clearance issues. As far as a learning curve it puts the pistol "just right" for me and makes it a easy and natural draw.

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is a pic of my set up if it helps. I am using the GCA30 drop offset mount. https://www.tacticalholsters.c...nt-kydex-belt-slide/ Pic makes it look like it sticks out further than it really does.

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use the QLS. I few of my old LE customers actually introduced me to it. I am hooked on it Smile.
Most all of my belt holsters are Safariland ALS so it just made sense. I put a receiver under my desk, because my holster would catch on my chair when I'm working at home.

Posts: 1219 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
Motoboy, Thanks for the picture, it shows me a lot about the standoff of the RTI system. It looks like the RTI belt slide holds the holster out further than I would like. The Safariland belt slide/receiver looks to hold the holster much tighter to the belt. As a grab and go setup, I want the holster tighter to my side. I do appreciate your input.

NRA
Georgia Carry

posted Hide Post
Either one of these would make it higher and tighter than the one I am using.

https://www.tacticalholsters.c...h-mar-molle-adaptor/

https://www.tacticalholsters.c...ti-3-row-molle-claw/

No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
Motoboy, Those wheels would probably hold tighter than the QLS, unfortunately, my Duty-Grip padded belt does not have molle attachment.

NRA
Georgia Carry

posted Hide Post