SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Duty Holster for P226SAO with RDS and WML
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Duty Holster for P226SAO with RDS and WML Login/Join 
Picture of HayesGreener
posted
I have Blackpoint Tactical holster for this but how about a duty holster? What are you using?

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
All of my duty holsters have been Safariland ALS or ALS/SLS models.

They offer a few models that are RDS compatible, like the 6360RDS, but those currently only support the most common duty guns: Glocks, P320s, and M&Ps.

With P226s nearly phased out among LE agencies while RDSs are just now being phased in, I don't know that you'll find any holster makers mass producing P226 RDS duty holsters. You'll likely have to stick with custom duty holster makers, like Dara Holsters.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
All of my duty holsters have been Safariland ALS or ALS/SLS models.

They offer a few models that are RDS compatible, like the 6360RDS, but currently only support the Big Three duty guns: Glock, P320, and M&P.

With P226s nearly phased out among LE agencies as RDSs are just now being phased in, I don't know that you'll find many (or any) holster makers mass producing P226 RDS holsters. You'll likely have to stick with custom duty holster makers, like Dara Holsters.

I had a pretty good discussion with one of the Safariland Execs about six months ago about duty holsters for guns with RDS. He was pretty clear that they have a "what you see is what you get" vision. I especially tried to convince him of producing a 7TS style holster for "concealed" (if you can really call it that but more of a detective style holster) for even their current inventory and he stated that there wasn't sufficient interest inside the company to pursue that project.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yeah, when they've already got like 95% of the duty holster market cornered, and 99% of agencies are using the same three or so handguns, I can see why Safariland would have zero interest in investing any additional R&D, production capacity, or warehouse space on chasing that minute percentage of a minute percentage that uses something else. They'll let the little custom shops fight over those scraps.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was searching for RDS duty holster for our P320s, and our sales rep said there is a 2-6 month wait on the RDS holsters, because Safariland it a strict Just-In-Time, Six-Sigma, KaiZen producer on those – No inventory/stock. Your order gets put in a line, and when they have enough orders, they make a run of holsters with maybe a half-dozen extra, maybe...

---------
If you appreciate private ownership of firearms, please join the NRA, before it's too late. (Benefactor Member)

Posts: 77 | Registered: April 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It probably won't help someone looking for an issued duty holster as modifications are probably not possible. But I have had no issues modifying a number of my kydex holsters not originally designed for an RDS to support an RDS. Some fit no issues. most needed just a slight trim at the top and a few needed the sight channel modified to deal with suppressor height.
At most I spent 10 minutes to make them work. I've done probably two dozen of them.
And I was only unsuccessful once on a red hat tactical for a VP9 that I could not get the sight channel to clear a set of trijicon suppressor height sights.
A light on the other hand has to be done from the beginning.
YMMV

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Maybe Redhill Tactical? They've got a level 2 holster w/a Bladetech hood and they're available for the gamut of SIG models and options for WML and RDS cuts as well as being able to mount w/ELS or QLS and other mounting options.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post