SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P229 Legion SAO
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P229 Legion SAO Login/Join 
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Like. But I'd rather it be in Nitron. And with a legacy slide.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sure it's not as refined, but at half the cost it makes a viable alternative to Wilson Combat's EDC X9.

Posts: 480 | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This has me interested.
I have an older, triple serial number 229 that I love and I've been in a slump for a while. This might help.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Looks promising.

Can't wait to read the range reports and see some videos before deciding if I can afford to spend the coin on this.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Benderx4
posted Hide Post
"Someone school a newbie please..."

The SA/DA trigger with SRT is a sweet trigger in and of itself, but the SAO trigger on these Legions takes it up another level. If you've shot a 1911 with a sweet trigger such as a Nighthawk or Wilson Combat, you'd have a decent idea of these Legion SAO triggers. Not quite on that level, but pretty darn close!

Posts: 490 | Location: NE FL, JAX | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bb405:
I want one! Sig, are you listening?

Your question would have been valid a year ago, but, man, did you even read the original post?

"Location: State of Confusion"

How ironic. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of saltysquid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Benderx4:

The SA/DA trigger with SRT is a sweet trigger in and of itself, but the SAO trigger on these Legions takes it up another level. If you've shot a 1911 with a sweet trigger such as a Nighthawk or Wilson Combat, you'd have a decent idea of these Legion SAO triggers. Not quite on that level, but pretty darn close!

Agreed. I have owned several p220 sao’s and a p220 da/sa with srt and sig sao is sweet.

Still not quite as good as a great 1911 trigger but better than pretty much anything else.9

DAV and NRA Lifetime member.

Posts: 114 | Location: Mexico | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
Damn! I had decided a 226 SAO Legion was my next gun. Now I have a real quandary.

Posts: 831 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Oh, damn... The gun budget is empty, too...

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12746 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Benderx4:

Thanks Bender! I have had the opportunity to shoot some pretty sweet 1911s actually and owned a Fusion Firearms 1911 with a custom trigger job and see what you’re getting at as it was amazing.
I was pining over the DA/SA Legion 229 but now I think it’s going to be the SAO variant in the end.

Posts: 23 | Location: Central FL | Registered: May 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Super exciting however the Sig Legion SAO trigger isnt even close to the triggers on my WC or NH 1911s. That being said....my Legion 226 SAO is my go to gun.

"Dyin ain't much of a livin...boy"

Posts: 316 | Location: West (By GOD) Virginia | Registered: November 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
Any idea on when these will be shipping?

Posts: 831 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Walked up to The biggest gun shops booth at the Orlando gun show today (without naming them because not sure of the rules)who also hosts the show... attendant didn’t know an SAO Legion 229 existed and promptly tried to sell me what he did have instead, citing safety reasons for his argument against selling me an SAO. I just listened to his rant and thanked him for his time... I hope these ship out soon.

Posts: 23 | Location: Central FL | Registered: May 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jack32586
posted Hide Post
I am selling my Wilson Combat EDC X9 because I saw this is happening. I've tried to love the Wilson. I replaced my Legion 226 SAO with the X9. After 6 months, I couldn't do it anymore and switched back. The Legion is better in every aspect IMHO. Its just so big. Now the 229. It could be my holy grail.

Posts: 203 | Location: S/W Florida | Registered: October 10, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Benderx4
posted Hide Post
Still waiting for this model to show itself but Sig is famous for taking forever to launch a new model. Their website shows a Sig P229 Legion Compact now available in SAO, but I've yet to see one anywhere.

Posts: 490 | Location: NE FL, JAX | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jack32586:
I am selling my Wilson Combat EDC X9 because I saw this is happening. I've tried to love the Wilson. I replaced my Legion 226 SAO with the X9. After 6 months, I couldn't do it anymore and switched back. The Legion is better in every aspect IMHO. Its just so big. Now the 229. It could be my holy grail.

Jack, when you say the P226 SAO is better in ever aspect, can you be more specific?

Better accuracy? Better ergonomics? Better trigger?

I'm not bustin chops, I will be turning 50 next year and I've been considering the EDC X9 as a birthday present to myself.

I've yet to see one on person, let alone hold or fire one yet.

Having said that, my P226 is the most ergonomic pistol I've ever held in my hand.

It is also supremely accurate, but is it more accurate that a hand fitted WC bull barrel?

Having fondled a few P226 SAOs, the trigger is excellent, but the one thing that stands out to me, is how the thumb safety gets in the way of using the slide stop as a slide release, which almost makes it a no go for me, as this is the way I've trained for over 25 years now.

The P229 SAO is a gun that I have envisioned being the perfect gun for years now, but in my mind, and on paper I think the EDC X9 might be better, regardless of price.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Posts: 594 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jack32586
posted Hide Post
I was at an active shooter school about 5 months ago. After class, we had an informal shoot off at a steel silhouette, starting at about 25 yards, and going back from there. I had been carrying the EDC X9 throughout the class (it's mostly a rifle school). When it came time to shoot, I went and switched to the Legion SAO. I don't know if I can explain it. Sights are better on the Sig. The Sig feels good, but so does the X9. I don't know how to say this without sounding like "that guy" but I'm a very good shot. I won the shoot off, nailing that target at 130 yards with the Sig. I can shoot the X9 "ok" if I concentrate very hard, its 75 degrees with an east to west 5 mph quartering wind and no distractions.

Everyone has their own preferences. I love the flat trigger on that Legion. I've had/have 1911s from several manufactures, and had high hopes for the X9. I wanted something smaller than the Legion, but still hi-cap 9mm. For whatever reason, I just can't make the damn thing work. It runs like a dream...feel free to visit it in the classified section here Smile

The Wilson really is a work of art. You can't change the sights, trigger, grips etc, but I doubt most will care.

Posts: 203 | Location: S/W Florida | Registered: October 10, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post