SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Gun shop recommendation for the Portland Oregon area
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun shop recommendation for the Portland Oregon area Login/Join 
posted
I would like to request a recommendation for a quality gun shop in the Portland, Oregon or up to 30 miles south of Portland area that carries among other items Sig handguns. I live outside of Oregon and what to buy a handgun for my adult daughter this spring or sooner, and I do not have any knowledge of gun stores in the area. She actually lives in West Linn. Thank in advance for your recommendations.

Posts: 3 | Location: California | Registered: February 04, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
You'll probably want to look into the legality of what you're asking. A quick Google search should return every gunstore in the Portland area, including Cabela's, Sportsman's Warehouse, Northwest Armory, etc.

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The OP of course meant that he wanted his adult daughter, a resident of Oregon, to have a handgun, and that he (dad) will gift her the money so that she can buy it in her name for her use.

Posts: 144 | Registered: April 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cabelas in Tualitin has a good selection.

7663 SW Nyberg St, Tualatin, OR 97062

Posts: 144 | Registered: April 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
a

The handgun will be hers, it will stay in Oregon, I am just going to help here pick it the best gun for her and give her the money to buy it.

I am not going to have her buy it then take it from her out of the state of Oregon. The gun is for her home defense and protection.

Is there something I am missing here and I am sorry if my original question was not clear.

Posts: 3 | Location: California | Registered: February 04, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
My favorites.

Northwest Armory

Keith's

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for recommendations.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffmattsd:
quote:
a

The handgun will be hers, it will stay in Oregon, I am just going to help here pick it the best gun for her and give her the money to buy it.

I am not going to have her buy it then take it from her out of the state of Oregon. The gun is for her home defense and protection.

Is there something I am missing here and I am sorry if my original question was not clear.

Your OP made it sound like you, a CA resident wanted to go into Oregon to buy a gun, for someone else.

Since you're just paying for the firearm for your family member, outside of knowing Oregon law, that shouldn't be an issue especially since she's your daughter.

CA, OR , WA are not gun friendly law states, best to know the rules when dealing with firearms and the laws there...

However there shouldn't be any issue with you paying for the firearm as long as she signs all the forms and takes direct ownership.

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
There's a shop called Rich's down in Donald (south of West Linn off of I-5, maybe 20 miles) that I went into for the first time a couple weeks ago. Inventory seemed a bit limited, but nice folks and they have an indoor range also. Might be work checking out.

Otherwise, Keith's in Gresham or Northwest Armory in either Milwaukee or Tigard are pretty good options. Cabelas has a fair selection (or at least did pre-Covid), but prices tend to be on the high side.

Posts: 7267 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Northwest Armory advertises on Lar's show, and a coworker just bought an AR15 there. I have no personal knowledge one way or the toher but those 2 points say GTG.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Originally posted by jeffmattsd:
quote:
a

Your OP made it sound like you, a CA resident wanted to go into Oregon to buy a gun, for someone else.

Since you're just paying for the firearm for your family member, outside of knowing Oregon law, that shouldn't be an issue especially since she's your daughter.

CA, OR , WA are not gun friendly law states, best to know the rules when dealing with firearms and the laws there...

However there shouldn't be any issue with you paying for the firearm as long as she signs all the forms and takes direct ownership.

I'd give her the funds beforehand rather than you trying to pay for it. I saw a local store refuse a sale when the husband filled out the paperwork and his wife went to pay for it. I don't know the official rules, but it's not worth muddying the water.

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
High Speed Low Drag
Operator in the Innis Mode
Picture of Ke Bo Li
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LimaCharlie:
My favorites.

Northwest Armory

Keith's

The two best options really. Avoid "the gun room" at all costs

I think the "check engine" light is burned out

Posts: 710 | Location: Portland,OR | Registered: October 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post