SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SP2022 ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SP2022 ? Login/Join 
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted
Is Sig Making the SP2022 again? Had not seen a new one in years. LGS had one in stock for $499 it looked new. Hired help thought it was a factory refurbished but didn't know for sure. LGS not really into Sigs and hardly ever stocks them so they don't know much about Sigs. I came home it looks like some new ones are in stock on the net.

Posts: 2675 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw several on Buds site the other day, including two tones,

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I wish they would put the 2022 action in the 250/320 frame.

The ergos are all wrong on the 2022 for me. The grip is just too blocky and uncomfortable.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the 2022 is still on the market and is alive and well. The Gander Mountain nearest to me is closing, and they have had 2022's on sale for $369 plus tax.

The 2022 can be shot at a real high level. I always sorta discounted the gun, but it is a shooter.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXaOUH8AGWA/

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
2022 to me is probably the finest DA/SA polymer gun out there. Ive up until recently had an SP series gun in my safe for 10 or so years if I recall.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
Yes, still being produced and sold.

As mentioned in many other threads, the 2022 is a great affordable option for any shooter, new or old. I shoots great for me, a little more jump in my hand verse my 226 but still damn accurate.

These are on sale: http://www.topgunsupply.com/si...-17rd-magazines.html

Posts: 952 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like it alot and one of my favorite shooters.
I have a 40 with a 357 barrel to go with it that is in the QA safe under my desk as I type.
I also have 2 of the 9's. One of those I set up with a factory threaded barrel and suppressor sights.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Well, shit.

I went out this afternoon with a case that had about 450 rounds left in it. Thought I would get some practice in with the P226 that I'm going to be shooting in a match tomorrow. I had a couple of hundred rounds left, and I thought I'd put a few through the 2022, and leave 150 for the match tomorrow.

And then I opened another case. The stock box 2022 is performing almost as well as my custom Legion. The difference between the two guns shows itself at 25 and 50, but I think that I'm going to shoot IDPA tomorrow with my 2022 and the cheap holster it came with.

I've not given the little gun the respect it does deserve. This is the third or fourth Pro that I have owned, and never figured out that it can be shot at a high level.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is Sig Making the SP2022 again?

I don't believe they ever quit making them.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
I love my 2022 .... except it's a 40 SW. I need that .357 barrel.

The trigger is butter!

Posts: 5070 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
2022 to me is probably the finest DA/SA polymer gun out there. Ive up until recently had an SP series gun in my safe for 10 or so years if I recall.

This was my line of thinking as well until I got my HK USP9 Tactical. But of course the HK is more than twice the price.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
When SIG moved the production of the SP2022 to Exeter in 2011-12 they took it out of the catalogue and everyone thought it was discontinued. Every mix and combination of slide and frame has occurred since then-even sp2009 frames with new Exeter slides. US Sig pro quality was good without the fit/finish of the German made versions. Ilaflon causes cancer so that finish ended. Production has probably been reduced in the last year and for $4-450 they don't sit too long. It is a classic for sure. I'm sure Hickok45 sold a few when he reviewed it in 2014.

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:

This was my line of thinking as well until I got my HK USP9 Tactical. But of course the HK is more than twice the price.

You must have got one with a good trigger. They range from shagadelic, to "can I just carry this in single action?".

www.opspectraining.com

I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
I too saw one NIB at a LGS this week. Was interested enough to come home and google it, but the non-standard take down lever was a stopper for me. That is one of regular Sigs biggest advantages IMO.

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1857 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:

You must have got one with a good trigger. They range from shagadelic, to "can I just carry this in single action?".

Must be the match trigger in the Tactical model that helps I guess.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought one late last year and really wanted to like it. Thought it was an excellent value (it is) and a great design (it is). Spent half the price of the pistol having Tru-Glo TFX sights installed and bought a bunch of Mec Gars for it. Obviously I was pretty well invested in it.

Couldn't shoot it accurately to save my life. Trigger broke so close to the frame I pulled everything to the left. Sold it to my brother-in-law at a substantial loss and chalked it up to experience.

Posts: 2550 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stiab:
I too saw one NIB at a LGS this week. Was interested enough to come home and google it, but the non-standard take down lever was a stopper for me. That is one of regular Sigs biggest advantages IMO.

It's not that big of a deal in use - it's much easier than the other oddball TD+slide release guns I have (Kahr, P938, LC9s) It's no slide-slinger like the P320, but it's not really difficult to take down.

If I shot every gun the way I do the DA shot on my SigPro, I'd look like I knew what I was doing..... My round-hold thumbtack shots from draw make my 'patterns' at 10yds all the more perplexing.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...610008824#2610008824

Originally posted in above thread.

Just finished my first IDPA match with the 2022. All I can say is I am impressed. It was five stages. Two were MF'ers. One involved lots of 15-20 yard shots across multiple targets with a swinger that had a no shoot swinging independent of it. One had all kinds of angles and walls and whatnot that made it seem to me like an IDPA stage with cover calls.

Overall, I shot the match 15 points down, and it hasn't been posted yet as to what I did overall. The little gun did well, and actually exceeded my expectations.

Oh, and I shot it with the factory contrast sights, the cheap SIG paddle holster that came with it, and aluminum case Federal ammo. After a dismal match last month at the same location, my performance today was not only welcome, but motivating. Now, for a set of HD XR sights and a better holster.

www.opspectraining.com

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Yeah, the 2022 is still on the market and is alive and well. The Gander Mountain nearest to me is closing, and they have had 2022's on sale for $369 plus tax.

The 2022 can be shot at a real high level. I always sorta discounted the gun, but it is a shooter.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXaOUH8AGWA/

I want that video as my ring tone. Such a beautiful sound.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post