SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    PSA 9mm pistol?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PSA 9mm pistol? Login/Join 
posted
I'm considering putting together a 9mm pistol and I'm wanting something reliable, I would like to keep it sub $1000.00 so PSA looks promising and was wondering if any of you have first hand experience with it?

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
A buddy has one of the PSA Glock lower AR pistols and it has been totally reliable for him.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the PSA glock lower, but haven't got around to SBRing it yet to toss an upper on. Cosmetically and from all appearances, I can't find anything visibly wrong. The trigger functions fine, could be better, but otherwise everything appears solid, Magazines lock in and out fine.

So far as sub-thousand, the lower with all the furniture can be had for a couple hundred bucks, and the upper for three to four hundred depending on what you want on it. The uppers can be ordered with or without the bolt carrier group and charging handle. Their uppers do use a proprietary bolt carrier group, I'm told.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is the colt pattern build I put together. Prices include shipping and transfer fee. Over all length 26.5" with permanently attached flash suppressor.

Upper RRA (before they became fucktards) $157.00
    Barrel w/ front site & delta ring Ballistic Advantage $205.00
    Bolt Carrier ASSY Spinta $115.00
    Lower Complete PSA $185.00
    Charging Handle Local $13.50
    Flash Suppressor & Washer Local $6.50
    Magpul Furniture & Site DSG Arms $93.69
    32 round magazine PSA $12.99 x20 $259.80
    TOTAL $1,035.49

This message has been edited. Last edited by: am94pm,

Posts: 1219 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I bought a PSA 16" 9mm COLT style rifle kit.
Sold the 16" barrel and bought a 4.5" barrel threaded in 1/2x28 (to fit my suppressors) from ADCO (PSA's was threaded whatever the standard 9mm ar threading is to prevent people from using 223/556 muzzle devices).
I installed the mag block on one of my PSA lowers which was SBR'd. No issues. Using a YHM 9mm buffer.

Cycles subsonic and supersonic 9mm just fine. It's always suppressed since the barrel is shorter than the handguard.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by am94pm:
This is the colt pattern build I put together. Prices include shipping and transfer fee. Over all length 26.5"
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c138/am94pm/9mm%20build_zpswkepicbi.jpg
    TOTAL $1,035.49
You forgot to mention the $200 tax for making that.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/d...rip-handgun/download

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine has one of the PSA 9mm lowers and really likes it. For the price, you can't beat it. I am toying with idea of making one myself as I have a bunch of Glock mags and love the compatibility.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of deadmanmike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DMF:
quote:
This is the colt pattern build I put together. Prices include shipping and transfer fee. Over all length 26.5"
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c138/am94pm/9mm%20build_zpswkepicbi.jpg
    TOTAL $1,035.49
You forgot to mention the $200 tax for making that.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/d...rip-handgun/download

No tax stamp required if his OAL is over 26"

=============
Certified Sig P-Series Armorer
Certified AR-15/M16/M4 Armorer
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified Sig P320 Armorer
Certified Glock Advanced Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer

Posts: 1587 | Registered: June 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In Michigan that would be a pistol and the vertical grip would be a problem...

Posts: 221 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
100% Sea-Moose
posted Hide Post
I have a psa 9mm glock lower and all I can say is that it's amazing for the money....complete lower with magpul stock for less than 200.....I'm a big fan!!! Also, get the blem......I've ordered 3 blem lowers from psa and on all 3 I'll tell you I haven't been able to find a mall on them and they were substantially lower (no pun intended) in price....

Posts: 301 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:

TOTAL $1,035.49
VFG on pistol is allowed now? I didn't get that memo

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3204 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deadmanmike:

That would be a minimum of over 26" without the muzzle device unless it had been permanently affixed.
For bATFe purposes it could be a little more than an inch shorter OAL (<25.5") if the measurement was taken with the flash suppresor installed.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve 22X:
quote:
Originally posted by deadmanmike:

That would be a minimum of over 26" without the muzzle device unless it had been permanently affixed.
For bATFe purposes it could be a little more than an inch shorter OAL (<25.5") if the measurement was taken with the flash suppresor installed.
This was my original thinking as well, but on further reflection it seems there could be an issue that might require clarification by ATF (although some frown on actually doing that Roll Eyes). Permanently attached muzzle devices are an issue of barrel length, and I've never seen mention of it in reference to overall length.

Other parts of a firearm aren't required to be permanently attached to achieve an overall length of 26". For example, parts such as stocks on rifles and shotguns, might be need to get the OAL over 26", but are not typically permanently attached.

So someone might want inquire of ATF whether a screw on flash suppressor can be counted in the OAL.

Hopefully someone else does it, as I'm too lazy to do so out of simple curiosity, and have no real need to do so, as I don't plan on ever wanting to build such a firearm.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
That would be a minimum of over 26" without the muzzle device unless it had been permanently affixed.For bATFe purposes it could be a little more than an inch shorter OAL (<25.5") if the measurement was taken with the flash suppresor installed.

You are correct the flash suppressor/muzzle attachment does not count towards overall length unless it is permanently attached. I should have mention that mine is permanently attached. I think someone makes a longer buffer tube, but I wanted to get it together to play with it.

Posts: 1219 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post