SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anyone have any thoughts on Holosun pistol optics?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have any thoughts on Holosun pistol optics? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
I find the green a little sharper in bright sunlight. I think max brightness is a weak point on Holosun optics vs Trijicon. The red is fine in bright sunlight, but the green stands out just a little more.

Right now, however, you should grab what you can get. I haven't seen a holding optic available in the wholesale world for at least a month. Trijicon also filed a patent suit against Holosun in the last couple weeks, so the months or years that will take too resolve may negatively impact Holosun's market presence.
There was a study done that showed men usually pick up green better and women usually pick up red better for whatever reason.

Posts: 3875 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
As far as vivion at night, Green is the easiest color to see while red provides the least amount of eye strain. That probably adds another factor into this, but I have no clue about yellow/gold dots that they make for rifles.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While technically the same size, the more of the window is visible on the Holosun 407/507 than the RMR. I replaced both my RMRs with Holosun with no looking back.

Posts: 1173 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I understand that. Just today I replaced my EOtech XPS 2 with a Holosun HE510C-GR. I’m pretty happy with the deal.

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
EOtech XPS 2

Who the heck mounts an EOtech on a pistol these days?

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Lol. It was off my SBR.

quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
quote:
EOtech XPS 2

Who the heck mounts an EOtech on a pistol these days?

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post