SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SAO in 229?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SAO in 229? Login/Join 
posted
So I looked at the 226 SAO yesterday and I must say it had a really nice trigger. As good as the 1911. However, the grip was bit large and chunky for my small hands. So is there any possibility Sig will put that same trigger on a 229? For me that would be the cat's meow!!

Posts: 139 | Registered: August 31, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
There are a lot of us that long for a SAO P229.

But the grip on a P229 isn't any smaller than a P226, just slightly shorter.

Hogue G10 grips do wonders on both.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Posts: 597 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Oh God, I would be SOOOOO all over that. Stainless, with SAS melt job please and SAO.

I'd actually be willing to sell other Sigs to have one of those.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12765 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would agree with ArtieS - for me that would be the perfect carry gun!

239 .40 229 .40/.357 226 SAO Legion
220-r 45 224 SAS .40
M11-A1 P938
Mosquito
H&K P7 PSP
Colt Delta Elite 10mm
Colt Python
S&W 629-1
S&W 41
NRA Patron Member
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor/RSO

Posts: 30 | Registered: March 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd be all over a standard P229 SAO, don't need nor want the bells and whistles. I stopped holding my breath a couple years ago, though.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9142 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I've been hoping for one for years. I finally decided on a CZ P07 that I have the safety instead of decocker in use. Not a 229, but with CGW magic it's pretty damn sweet.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back when the basic P226 SAO hit the shelves I contacted Sig and asked about a SAO 229. They said no current plans but the first whiff I get of a 229 SAO I'll be at the store with my money.

Posts: 2189 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If they make it. I will buy it. P229 SAO all the way!

Posts: 34 | Registered: July 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tcba_joe
posted Hide Post
I'd love an SAO P229.

Posts: 195 | Registered: August 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I guess SIG continues to think that no one in their right mind would ever choose a compact SAO gun when they have a full-size option. Not that SIG actually thinks that the P229 is small, mind you. After all, they DID think it warranted a Carry version for a brief moment in time.

Maybe that 'splains why so few officer-sized 1911s roll out of New Hampshire, despite Cohen being The Man From Kimber.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post