SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    First 100 with New P365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First 100 with New P365 Login/Join 
Picture of JMag
posted
Ran about 100 rounds through my new (March 12 produced) P365 with zero issues. All standard pressure Blazer Brass along with some old reloads were fired at 7-10 yards. I’ll find out later how snappy +P rounds are, but standard pressure is not at all snappy.

JMag
"The truth is incontrovertible; malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is." ? Winston Churchill

Posts: 798 | Location: Southeastern U.S. | Registered: March 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good to hear.. Congrats!

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
Good deal! Congrats!

I've got 500ish rounds thru mine. The first 100, a mix of American Eagle and Blazer Brass 115gr ran fine. I took the pistol straight out of the box and shot it, no cleaning or lubing. The next session (still no cleaning or lubing) was 50 more AE 115gr, and I had a couple of failures to go into battery and a couple of light primer hits. I switched to Hornady 135gr Critical Duty and did 50 more rounds with no problem.

After a thorough cleaning and lubing, I fired 150 rounds of 124gr American Eagle with no problems, and my last session was 150 rds of Winchester white box 115gr with no problems.

I'm really liking the gun so far. I just ordered some more mags for it from Gunmag Warehouse. I'm looking forward to checking out the 12 rounders.

Congrats again on yours!

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I received mine four days ago. It was agonizing not being able to shoot it but rectified that today. I ran 100 rds of 115gr fmj PMC, 100 rds of 124gr fmj BLAZER BRASS and 100 rds of mixed 147gr FIOCCHI jhp and Silvertip jhp. It ran like a top with not a single hiccup. I did lube it since there were some internet reports of thick grease as shipped. Not mine though, just well oiled from the factory (BXR3). The barrel doesn't even show any "smileys" so it must be coated with the same product as the P320.

For such a tiny pistol, it's very controllable and very accurate. The range master wanted to know what I was shooting since it disappeared in my hand. My only "complaint" is that it's darn hard to load those little magazines. I broke down and bought an UPLULA for the first time.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Good to hear. I’m having a hard time waiting till this weekend to shoot mine. I might have to take a longer lunch break and hit the range/cafe tomorrow......

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
good to see more and more positive reports

I have almost 400 flawless rounds through mine

it really like 124gr HST's

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
I have two of them one for me and the wife. We each have approximately 500 rounds through them with see issues. I will say the 12 round magazine just completes this pistol and makes it perfect.

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 200 flawless rounds through mine born in March with all the updates. It is very small in my hand is my only complaint lol

Posts: 32 | Registered: August 23, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
I took mine to the range for the first time last week. Ran 200+ rounds of 115 gr Blazer Brass FMJ. It ran perfect, no issues whatsoever. I set the target out about 10 yards and was amazed at how accurate this little pistol is.
Next trip will be a mix of defense loads and some 124 gr FMJ.
I find that I prefer the 10 round flush fit magazine over the 12 round magazines.
So far so good....I'm liking it a lot.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Messer454:
I have 200 flawless rounds through mine born in March with all the updates. It is very small in my hand is my only complaint lol

Get the 12 round magazine.

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JMag
posted Hide Post
Anyone seeing barrel hood wear with their P365 with under five hundred rounds through it? Curious.

JMag
"The truth is incontrovertible; malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is." ? Winston Churchill

Posts: 798 | Location: Southeastern U.S. | Registered: March 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am over 500 with zero wear anywhere.

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
I spent about 90 minutes at the range today after picking up my P365. I put 200 rounds of generic FMJ (WWB, UMC, S&B) with no problems . Then I put 200 rounds of HST's through. 400 rounds in total and not the slightest glitch. I really like the front sight too. I will let you know after I clean it if I see any unusual wear.

Posts: 1772 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Cleaned the new pistol last night. Saw no evidence of any deformation in the first 400 rounds. Happy about that.

Posts: 1772 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
I picked up my P365 last week, and finally got to shoot it today. I put 250 rounds of 115gr Winchester white box through it, followed by 10 rounds of 124gr +P Golden Sabers. I had light charge with one of the WWB rounds. It fired, but did not cycle the slide. I could hear the difference in the rapport when I fired it. The gun ran fine throughout, with no signs of wear at the end. Overall, I really like the gun so far.

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post