SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Is the 10mm dead? Springfield says No!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is the 10mm dead? Springfield says No! Login/Join 
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted
Springfield will offer their XDM and 1911 series in 10mm.
10mm Springfields.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
I live in Southern Oregon, the 10mm isn't dead up here, I have a Glock 20 gen4 10mm and my Sig P220 Hunter 10mm, both awesome guns, and a variety of ammo isn't hard to find as it was a few years ago..more manufactures are coming out with their own versions of the 10mm, that's a good thing...

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
"Dear Sig Sauer: I know you're already committed to producing existing models of the 320 like a bat out of hell for at least a year or two to come. But if Springfield can produce a polymer 10mm..."

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
10mm, because having to shoot twice is silly.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Sig 10mm, I'm interested in the 1911 10mm.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a number of 10mm handguns, and an hk mp5-40 clone that I can shoot 40sw or 10mm out of.

Just got an mpx gen 2. All we need is this in 10mm as well as 40sw and 357 calibers! Have heard of no plans to offer the mpx in 10mm.

Posts: 980 | Location: Portsmouth, NH | Registered: October 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
One would think that a 10mm pistol might be a little difficult to tune with the wide
Variation of ammo weight and velocity, which created a wide variation of slide velocities. Moreso than the 45 anyway.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
S&B 180gr 10mm at $17 per 50ct box confirms that it's far from dead. However nice it may be, we don't need a latecomer like Springfield to confirm that 10mm is not dead. Just saying.

These days at our shop we've seen more interest in 10mm than we do in its offshoot 40S&W. The only problem is the lack of available firearm choices beyond Glock, P220 Kryptek (because Lipsey's is perpetually out-of-stock on the remaining 10mm SIG variants and they and not SIG are the sole source), occasional 1911s and the rare EAA Tanfoglio (rare for us because we don't normally stock the brand).

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
S&B 180gr 10mm at $17 per 50ct box confirms that it's far from dead. However nice it may be, we don't need a latecomer like Springfield to confirm that 10mm is not dead. Just saying.

These days at our shop we've seen more interest in 10mm than we do in its offshoot 40S&W. The only problem is the lack of available firearm choices beyond Glock, P220 Kryptek (because Lipsey's is perpetually out-of-stock on the remaining 10mm SIG variants and they and not SIG are the sole source), occasional 1911s and the rare EAA Tanfoglio (rare for us because we don't normally stock the brand).

Guess Dan Wesson jumped up prices after CZ bought them. Got a number (6!) of used 10mm Dan Wessons before the prices of new went up, and the used followed upward.

Posts: 980 | Location: Portsmouth, NH | Registered: October 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
XDM-10, very intriguing. Especially in 3.8 Compact format...

Posts: 13812 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
What Springfield coming out with a 10mm tells me is that they have slack in there production capacity, and need a new caliber to fill it and boost sales. I REALLY don't think SIG has that problem.

And I wonder how well the limited production 10mm P220 sold?

quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
"Dear Sig Sauer: I know you're already committed to producing existing models of the 320 like a bat out of hell for at least a year or two to come. But if Springfield can produce a polymer 10mm..."

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a g20 but even still a 10mm XDM M sounds cool.

Now HK are you listening please complete my life and make the USP in 10mm or the HK45

Posts: 140 | Location: NW Kansas | Registered: May 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
... good news from Springfield then.

I think that for me, a 10mm would be ideal for backpacking/back country.

Been looking at the G29 - the smaller size/weight for the pack.

A compact/sub compact P320 in 10mm? I'd like that.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
Great. Now if they'd only terminate their use of that ridiculous, superfluous, unnecessarily-complicating, retrograde grip safety.

They seems to be as doggedly intractable and antagonistically mule-stubborn about it as S&W is over their preposterously inane Hillary Hole...

Posts: 801 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just a heads up - scuttlebutt on another site is that the stuff is loaded to be a bit underwhelming.

quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
they have slack in their production capacity

And they need to boost their position in the market a little bit if they can. But that's not the point - if Springfield Armory can do it, SIG can do it better.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
Remington brought out their R1 Hunter in 10mm longslide form too just a few months back, another reasonably priced option - 10mm is far from dead.

https://www.remington.com/hand.../1911-r1-10mm-hunter

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Of course 10mm isn't dead, that is why Springfield is playing follow the leader and putting out a 10mm. Please don't think that they are in any way an innovator, or keeping it from extinction. They're in it for the payday. Good for them.

But they ain't rescuing 10mm, 10's doing fine without them.

Also, it's worth noting that Springfield once offered a 10mm called the Omega. It's a bit of a curiosity, most of them were 10mm, some were multicaliber.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
10mm isn't going anywhere, in either direction. It's a active, if somewhat niche round, with a fairly small, but very loyal following. But it missed it's chance to be a major LE chambering, which is what would take it to the next level.

More to the point Springfield needed to do this. SIG doesn't.

quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
they have slack in their production capacity

And they need to boost their position in the market a little bit if they can. But that's not the point - if Springfield Armory can do it, SIG can do it better.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perhaps, they should make a UMP10 as UMP45's successor. Then, put in a COD or Battlefield game and sales of 10mm will boost. But that would bump the price of 10mm in the short term, and I dont like it. Havent stocked up any yet.

Posts: 29 | Registered: January 28, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
Sounds like we'll see some offerings for the 2018 SHOT. Cool

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post