SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Thoughts on Kimber K6S?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thoughts on Kimber K6S? Login/Join 
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted
I'm primarily a pocket carry guy, usually carrying a SW 442. I've been looking at the K6S lately, and I like what I see. I like that it holds one more round than my 442 and Ruger SP101, and fires a more effective round than 38spl, and I think I might be able to make it work for pocket carry.

Does anyone own one? What are your thoughts?

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Great little revolver! Very nice trigger. Well made. And I am no fan of Kimner either.

Someone ought to send a K6 to the company calling itself s&w. Show them how to make a nice revolver again. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I own one and absolutely love it. Better than S&W imo. What I really like are the rear sights and the trigger. Fantastic revolver.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I'll also say that I'm not Kimber fan. But, that K6 really looks fantastic, something I would likely carry, if I were looking for a CC revolver.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the 2 inch DCR version and the 3 inch. I love them both. My only complaint is with the grips on the 2 inch, they were too small and skinny for 357. I bought a pair of the bigger ones from Kimber that are issue with the 3 inch.

Fit and finish of these revolvers is amazing. I have not seen recessed chamber mouths since the 70's. Of course, they are no longer needed, but they sure are nice.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Not a Kimber fan but based on the K6’s I have handled....damn if that blind squirrel didn’t find a nut. Smile. Nice little wheelgun. I personally think it will be to heavy for pocket carry but I have been impressed with the few I have handled.

One caveat. The trigger is very good but...different. Not sure how I can explain it. It just felt different from other triggers to me.

All in all I say go for it.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one, and at some point plan to buy a 3" model. More than any other revolver I've fired, the Kimber hurts to shoot. Airweights don't bother me, and snubbies with boot grips don't bother me, but the kimber, for reasons I don't really understand, flat-out hurts to shoot with full house rounds.

Fit and finish is good, trigger is great. It's a six shot revolver the size of a j-frame, with a trigger that feels like a striker fired auto loader. They make great pocket pistols, snag free, and they function well. I don't much care for kimber, but the revolvers are okay.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Absolutely fantastic revolver. Expensive, but worth it in my eyes.
https://youtu.be/jZcdOFUAIoU

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of the few j-frame size revolvers that comes with or can be equipped with low-light sights. Mine has tritium front and rear, with a drift-adjustable rear. Not bad for a snub nose revolver.

Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I have a K6S DC. I shoot it well, even better with the new "three finger" HOGUE G10 grips. The oem "two finger" grips were to slippery.

Check out the newer 2" and 3" DASA versions before you decide.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
My 2” DCS made my J-frame expendable & SP101 an alternate. Can comfortably use 38 +P accurately.
Great little wheelgun!

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Those of you who own a K6S, is it easy to carry in a pocket?

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It rides in the same DeSantis pocket holster that my S&W 642 uses. No problem.

Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
A 2" dao K6S is 23 oz empty. It wouldn't work for me in a pocket, but we're all made different.

Finding an off the shelf holster is challenging. The J-frame holsters are to small. An SP101 holster can work with a little leather stretching. A custom holster made from a mold would be a better choice.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
To add to my original post, as other have mentioned, I’m not a kimber fan...and I still live my k6s

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
I want one but I’ve been reading about how you can’t dry fire them too much or you run a great risk of breaking the firing pin. Supposedly this issue has been addressed with the new dasa versions but they haven’t applied that change to the enclosed hammer version. I am going to hold off until they do.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 884 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
It weighs too much to carry comfortably in my pocket
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
Those of you who own a K6S, is it easy to carry in a pocket?

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Browndrake:
I want one but I’ve been reading about how you can’t dry fire them too much or you run a great risk of breaking the firing pin. Supposedly this issue has been addressed with the new dasa versions but they haven’t applied that change to the enclosed hammer version. I am going to hold off until they do.

Snap caps are cheap insurance for ANY dry firing. Hell I use them in my Glocks.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I’m a 1911 fan, but never bought or wanted a Kimber. The K6S is the first and only Kimber that I own, and it is fantastic. Great trigger, awesome machining, and really good sights. It is probably a little heavy for pocket carry. I am eyeing a 3” DA/SA but haven’t pulled the trigger yet.

Posts: 2932 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
I decided on the Colt Night Cobra instead. Great trigger, night sight, and six rounds.

Posts: 6606 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post