SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P210 (U.S.) Range Report
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P210 (U.S.) Range Report Login/Join 
Picture of cxm
posted
About a week ago I got a new U.S. made P210 from Top Gun Supply... as is usual with TGS delivery was blazing fast and the product as ordered.

It was my intention to take the pistol to the range for a test run last week... but a bout of stomach flu nixed that plan... after a week of not wanting to do much I'm feeling better and I got to the range this morning.

So ... I finally got to the range to shoot the newly acquired P210 SIG (U.S. Made) and I have to admit I am impressed... really impressed... Maybe in awe would be a better description.

In an earlier post I commented on my first impressions of this American made SIG 210. Honestly, I was more than a little skeptical of how this pistol would stand up when compared to a Swiss made example of the same gun. Given that the typical Swiss P210 can run four times the price of the U.S. production I really was not sure what to expect. I had heard reports the U.S. made gun is very accurate and certainly hoped those reports were accurate...

Happily the new P210 did not disappoint...

I decided to use two types of ammunition to do the initial firing of the SIG. So getting ready to head to the range I got out two boxes of my 115gr copper plated lead round nose ammo and two boxes of 147gr copper plated round nose ammunition. This ammunition was nothing out of the ordinary...it is mixed brass that I clean and polish before reloading and then polish briefly after reloading to remove the tool marks from the case.

So, once comfortably settled down at the range I hung some targets (10x10" size) and moved the target carrier to 15 yards... the max distance the range offers. I started out with the 115gr loads.

The 210 digested the 115gr load flawlessly... and it proved a very accurate load indeed... I had rather expected the 115gr to be the more accurate of the two loads (and this proved to be the case) given most European 9x19 is 115gr and given the 210 was designed in Europe.

Here is the first target....

This target is five rounds of 115gr PLRN range ammo. This was about par for the performance of the 115gr handload. A few targets had some called flyers but the 210 delivered consistently excellent results with this ammo.

After finishing up a box of 115gr 9x19 I switched to 147gr PLRN to see how it worked in the SIG.

Here is the first target using 147gr ammo:

This target is five rounds of 147gr PLRN again at 15yds.

Groups using 147gr ammo were fractionally larger than the 115gr, but the differences were so small as to be negligible.

So, I have to say I am very pleased with the results. I really didn't expect a 9mm pistol by any maker to deliver accuracy of such a high level (particularly with my old eyes.)

I guess the bottom line is "Highly Recommended."

V/r

Chuck

[

Hoist on High the Bonny Blue Flag that Bears the Single Star!!!

Certified SIG Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer

Posts: 1348 | Location: Florida, CSA | Registered: September 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Your experience with the American P210 is similar to what many of us have. Incredible gun for the money. Congratulations!

Man, I wish SIG NH would hurry up and get the Supertarget to the market. It's been what, only almost 4 years since the American P210 was first announced (at SHOT 2016)?

Q

Posts: 26379 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cxm:
About a week ago I got a new U.S. made P210 from Top Gun Supply...
[

I routinely get results similar to yours with my P210 Standard, and I tried all sorts of ammo by now, including ball and JHP. The gun is not really ammo-sensitive. The Standard resembles the look of the original Swiss model more than the p210 Target. The American P210 is great in any configuration. If Sig-NH came with a Carry model, I'd buy it, too.

Posts: 287 | Registered: November 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m very pleased with my standard model.

Posts: 668 | Location: NH | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
Great review and great shooting.
I recently picked up one of these and wondered if it would meet the infamous 210 expectations I have read about. I agree with your assessment, it is a great shooter. Love racking the slide on this thing. It is pure and sexy, anyone that is on the fence please don't hesitate.

Posts: 958 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had one now for 4-5 months and my results are the same as yours. Faultless function and great accuracy. I use mine in competition [2 gun] and my one gripe is that ejecting a loaded magazine is difficult due to the fact that the top round is driven forward during cycling. It drags or is even pried out if the mag is pulled from the gun. Other than that it gives up a few rounds of capacity to my competitors pistols but makes up in trigger and access to accuracy.
A double column magazine would be awesome as would an aluminum frame carry version.

Posts: 51 | Registered: August 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of the American P210’s what’s the difference between the standard and the target/legend besides the grips?? The standard is a few hundred cheaper and grips can’t be the only thing

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
Of the American P210’s what’s the difference between the standard and the target/legend besides the grips?? The standard is a few hundred cheaper and grips can’t be the only thing

Sights. Front slide serrations. Mag bases.

Q

Posts: 26379 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Sadly, I do not shoot my P210A well Frown In my case I suspect the problem is the target grip does not agree with me. In experimenting with a laser trainer I found if I grip it just so it'll behave for me. Otherwise I can't hold consistently through the trigger pull. Once Hogue gets their grips with checkered backstraps I'll be ordering a set to see if that fixes the problem.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Waiting for a Compact P210.
Night sights and G10s, please.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16087 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grips seem to be the common complaint with the P210A, both target & standard, is anyone listening? After market vendor, I expect nothing from Sig?

quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Sadly, I do not shoot my P210A well Frown In my case I suspect the problem is the target grip does not agree with me. In experimenting with a laser trainer I found if I grip it just so it'll behave for me. Otherwise I can't hold consistently through the trigger pull. Once Hogue gets their grips with checkered backstraps I'll be ordering a set to see if that fixes the problem.

Posts: 62 | Registered: January 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jonholl:
Grips seem to be the common complaint with the P210A, both target & standard, is anyone listening? After market vendor, I expect nothing from Sig?

This is from Ken @Hogue from an earlier thread:
"Yes, we have heard over the years our grip are bulky, and we have also heard they are a great fit. Hogue is working on a G10 version. We have yet to release pending a fit, form, function testing that are currently underway. Once complete, we will proceed with production and let everyone know."

Posts: 958 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I contacted LOK; say said they had no plans for P210 grips, but it can change if they have enough demand. Let us all ask them, maybe they will reconsider. Their CZ G10 grips are excellent.
https://lokgrips.com/

Posts: 287 | Registered: November 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a really nice group for 15 yards. I too would be very happy with that pistol.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, finally finished sanding a set of Hogue (expensive) grips for the p210A, camera's broken, no pictures.
Sanded down the "hump" in the back + a little more & sanded both sides even with the screws, I can now grip the pistol well (short fingers). Finished the grips with linseed oil & painted the rear of the grips with grit paint (non-skid). I now have a set of grips that I can now grip the pistol well & hold securely.
Also mounted a Vortex Venom 3 MOA (old eyes) in an EGW mount in the rear dovetail, works well.
The P210A Standard is a very fine pistol, IMO, but I don't know if I'd have bought it if I'd known about the grips.
Anyway, for those that have a P210 & have smaller/short finger hands there is a solution, if you feel like doing a lot of sanding after buying an $80 set of grips.

Posts: 62 | Registered: January 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post