SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ 75 Taipan, SAO, long slide, 6-inch barrel [** UPDATE with Range Report, p. 2 **]
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ 75 Taipan, SAO, long slide, 6-inch barrel [** UPDATE with Range Report, p. 2 **] Login/Join 
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Happy Thanksgiving Q, and to everyone else too! Smile

Another sharp lookin' pistola!

quote:
This first-class sport pistol comes with... a coordinated single-action-only hammer...

Anyone know what a "coordinated single-action-only hammer" is?

quote:

- Technical specifications
- Ignition delay time: 6 ms

I assume this is a measurement after the sear has been tripped (it would be interesting to know how it was measured)...but I've never seen this spec listed on a handgun before. Is this a new trend with guns designed for competition?

quote:
Originally posted by 12131:Yes, fantastic light pull. What about the trigger break from the sear? No "glass rod" break, because you can definitely feel a slight slip before the sear let off. This is consistent with what all4shooters reported. This is what I find interesting. I've owned several CZs previously, from stock to CZ Custom to CGW Pro package, and they all exhibit this characteristic let off. On stock guns, you feel the actual grittiness between the sear and the trigger notch. On the trigger worked over guns, the grittiness is mostly gone, but the slip, although smooth, can still be felt.

I have practically no experience with CZs, but when I handled a Shadow II Orange a couple weeks ago I would agree that your description of the trigger pull described the example's trigger pull that I handled a couple weeks ago to a T.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
What an interesting specimen!

Have you looked into the CZ Custom A01 line yet?

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Part 2 - RANGE REPORT

Ammo: Federal American Eagle (AE) 115 Gr FMJ, PMC Bronze 115 Gr FMJ, Speer Lawman 124 Gr TMJ, Magtech 124 Gr FMJ, Speer 124 Gr GDHP +P

So far, I have 500 rounds total through this pistol in different sessions. Shooting is mostly benched (pistol butt resting on platform) at 25 yds, although I did some off-hand (standing 2-hand hold) in the beginning. The 1st session was with the original thin aluminum grips, which feel a little too thin, as stated above. Then, I received the palm swell bogies from LOK Grips. As expected from previous ownership, these fill the contour of your palm just right, and the traction they provide is phenomenal.

Issues? I wouldn't really call them issues, but more like breaking in quirk and ammo related.

- One failure to fully feed in chamber in the 2nd round of the very first mag.
- There were 2 light primer strikes, one at the beginning (very first mag) with the AE 115, and the other one at the end with the Magtech 124. Both went bang on 2nd strike.

Results
* Best AE group = 1 inch
* Best PMC group = 1.25 inch
* Best Magtech group = 7/8 inch
* Best Speer Lawman group = 1.75 inch
* Speer GDHP +P = 2 inches

Observations/Conclusions: The more rounds I have through the pistol, the more noticeable the sear-hammer slip became, even to the point of grittiness, and, it does feel heavier than the 2 lbs 1 oz I measured at the beginning. Not a surprise as you get more crud and fouling. However, this does not appear to affect my shooting. The palm swell bogies mentioned above feel perfect. The gun feels much slimmer and more comfortable than my SIG X5/X6 guns. Overall, I am extremely happy with this CZ. In my hands, it shoots as well as the SIGs, but at a fraction of the prices. Not only that, but, with SIG DE having closed shop forever, CZ is a much better alternative. Oh, I still love the Xguns, but in the back of my head, I always have to worry about parts.

First time out

Very 1st mag, at 15 yds

Benched vs off-hand, at 25 yds, with surprisingly (to me) similar results

Shiloh Range's 25 yd bay

50 rds @ 25, benched vs off-hand

Best AE group I got (1 inch)

Best PMC Bronze group (1.25 inch)

Last time out, today

Best Speer Lawman group (1.75 inch)

Best Magtech group (7/8 inch)

Speer GDHP +P (2 inches)

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
That’s some great shooting Q! Appreciate the range report.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Good shooting! And could you put me in your will? Smile

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice shooting. Man, those Mec-Gar extended bases just show up everywhere.

-MG

Posts: 1979 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice shooting! Thanks for the review.

Posts: 1616 | Location: Simpsonville SC | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post