SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    320 Not Going Into Battery
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

320 Not Going Into Battery Login/Join 
posted
Purchased a new p320 45 caliber. Took it to the range and had failures to go into battery from the second round. Tried different types of factory ammo and it still did not function. Called Sig and they gave me a shipping label. Sent it off and little over one week later got a call telling me that the modular firing unit was bad and it would have to be replaced. This means a new serial number and shipment to my FFL dealer where I will have to go through the ATF form and pay a transfer fee again. I am completely happy with this arrangement and with Sig customer service. Very responsive. Very customer oriented. Will see if I stay happy when I get the 320 back and take it to the range but for now, Sig customer service rocks. Now if I can get my other 320s upgraded, all will be superb.

Posts: 17 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sucks that you had a problem and that it's gonna cost you a few bucks, but glad to hear they took care of you quickly.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I think that's the first time I've ever heard of SIG being willing to replace a serial numbered part.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I suggest that you call Sig back and ask them about the transfer fee. I've had Ruger's, S&W's, Colts and a couple other swapped out with different S/N's and the shipper reimbursed me for the transfer fee. If you don't ask you won't get it. Chances are if you're having it sent to the original selling dealer they won't charge you since you bought it from them.
When they tell me they are going to replace a gun I ask them right then about the transfer fee. I'd really be surprised if Sig makes you eat it especially because it was no fault of yours.

I have a unfired P320 waiting for the upgrade. Reading some of these complaint sorter concerns me.

Good luck.

*** A Proud NRA Benefactor Member***

Posts: 212 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Is that state specific? When i sent the recall Caracal to them, they shipped the replacement back to my house. And it was a new serial number. I guess the fact it was a recall may have made a difference?

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, this can be sent directly to you. They, the manufacturer take care of the paperwork noting the change in serial number and it should go directly to your house just the same as any other repair.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Yep, this can be sent directly to you. They, the manufacturer take care of the paperwork noting the change in serial number and it should go directly to your house just the same as any other repair.

Exactly this. Our shop has sent back defective guns for customers that required replacement. No background check is required upon transfer back to the customer once the replacement gun arrived back at the shop. Without our shop acting as an intermediary the same rules still apply if the customer had sent it directly back himself.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't speak for other gun Mfg's but Ruger quit that changing the numbers and sending it to your house. They used to but the 4 defects over the last few years they replaced all went to my dealer. I've had no replacement dealings with Sig so I don't know how they do it.

I might add I even questioned Ruger when they wanted a FFL to send it to. They said that changed. Repairs are returned to your house still but any new gun replacement(s) with different numbers must go through an FFL. I have had replacement guns sent to the house but that was some years back.
There again may it's just Ruger who changed their shipping policy on this.

Posts: 212 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beretta traded out an old Cougar that cracked and was out of warranty with a brand new 92FS to my door with a letter stating the replacement number for number. Anything else is lazy bs.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
S&W sent my shield back to me, direct. It got left on my doorstep, in fact. No signature, nothing.

Of course, it wasn't repaired, warranty not honored, and still nothing more than a paper weight...but that's another story.

I sent it direct to them, they sent it directly back.

I did an "upgrade" with Glock on a G33 that needed a new frame, and I can't recall if I had to go to the FFL to get it (probably did) or if it came directly to me.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is the final story from Sig. They cannot send it directly to my house any longer because the 320 has a new serial number. Cannot refund transfer fee but they are sending me a 320 45 mag for my trouble. My FFL transfer fee is less than half the cost of the new mag so I am OK with the deal. Now if is working properly when I get it back, I’m good.

Posts: 17 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Forgot to add: re 320: they are performing the voluntary upgrade while they have the firearm.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blindbuffalo:
Here is the final story from Sig. They cannot send it directly to my house any longer because the 320 has a new serial number. Cannot refund transfer fee but they are sending me a 320 45 mag for my trouble. My FFL transfer fee is less than half the cost of the new mag so I am OK with the deal. Now if is working properly when I get it back, I’m good.

I thought things had changed the way Ruger made it sound. Hopefully if it's going to your original selling dealer he won't charge you a transfer fee and you'll really make out with the extra 45 magazine.
I know my replacement from Ruger went to my original dealer. He didn't charge me accept for a different gun I had bought on line. I had to send the receipt to Ruger and they sent me a reimbursement check.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ruger Redhawk:
quote:
Originally posted by Blindbuffalo:

I thought things had changed the way Ruger made it sound. Probably another bright idea from BATF.
Hopefully if it's going to your original selling dealer he won't charge you a transfer fee and you'll really make out with the extra 45 magazine.
I know my replacements from Ruger went to my original selling dealer. He didn't charge me accept for a 4th gun I had bought on line. I had to send the transfer fee receipt to Ruger and they sent me a reimbursement check.