SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P320 Other Grip Makers?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P320 Other Grip Makers? Login/Join 
Picture of TexasRaider
posted
Curious if anyone is making aftermarket grips yet, I'd love to see a Carry size that does *not* have rails....

Posts: 801 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
Maybe something like the one on bottom, for comparison?

Pardon my primitive Photoshop skills, all I've got is MSPaint....

Posts: 801 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I'm not aware of anyone making aftermarket grip modules and with the "stigma" attached to the voluntary trigger recall, I'm not sure you'll see them anytime soon.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4521 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that the number of people looking for a non railed frame versus those who either want the rails or don't care is probably a smaller number than would be worth the expense. Injection molds are expensive.

Posts: 5160 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
I think that the number of people looking for a non railed frame versus those who either want the rails or don't care is probably a smaller number than would be worth the expense. Injection molds are expensive.
It's just as easy to remove the rails yourself.

---------------The Answer Is There Is No Answer---------------

Posts: 152 | Registered: January 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
There are a couple of companies with aftermarket grip modules in the works, but they haven't hit the market yet.

And I imagine the recent recall may have caused a bit of setback in R&D, as they'll now need to verify that any new modules they design will work with both the old and new FCUs.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out this website for P320 grips. Also has a video of a test fire.

Posts: 6 | Location: Cental Texas | Registered: December 19, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How does the trigger recall affect the grip frame? I’m not aware that anyone got a new grip frame out of this, or had the grip frame they sent in modified. Also, I’m not aware that Sig offers different grip frames for P320s with and without the trigger mod.

Aside from the FCU mods, I thought the only other part modified was the slide.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
How does the trigger recall affect the grip frame? I’m not aware that anyone got a new grip frame out of this, or had the grip frame they sent in modified. Also, I’m not aware that Sig offers different grip frames for P320s with and without the trigger mod.

Aside from the FCU mods, I thought the only other part modified was the slide.

IIRC some/all SC grips are being replaced. Change being a more pronounced beavertail, more similar to the larger frames.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15285 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah...here's the thread:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935&m=1650089334

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post