SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    A 220, or a 226, all legion.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A 220, or a 226, all legion. Login/Join 
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted
Ive held both. I want both. But yet I dont know if I want to collect them, or shoot and have fun with them. Should I get two of each? Or get a legion then just a standard? I want a legion as I like the features, but that price point sorta hurts.

Those who have shot them, which did you choice and why?

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is just my two cents. Guns should be shot and you should have fun with them. The Legion is a great gun, but not special enough to leave in the safe un-shot. My advice would be to buy one first, shoot it for a while, and then if you still desire, pick up the other on the used market. I've seen a number of them come up for sale on this forum alone recently.

Made in Texas, in the good ole' U.S. of A.

Posts: 242 | Location: Western North Carolina | Registered: May 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t own a P226 legion, but I’ve had the pleasure of shooting one and it’s a great shooting firearm.

And the choice between collecting or shooting... always buy them to shoot them!

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by batex:
This is just my two cents. Guns should be shot and you should have fun with them.

Exactly! Cool

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I have the P220 in .45 DA/SA.
It's a shooter and made to be ran hard. Shoot that thang!

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Most of the time I would consider the scarcity of each firearm before shooting them. Would it be rare? Not rare as in a 'limited' run, but rare as in less than 50 made and/or preproduction variations. Do you think it would go up in value? Not a few bucks here and there, more likely is how long would it take to double in value? Can you find the ammo? Is it a proprietary round that cost $150 for a box of 20? If something broke, would you be able to replace the part or do you think none can be found?

If you think you should get them just to put in the safe, that is fine. If you decide to stuff a few hundred rounds in them every month, that would be a heck of a lot more fun!

I have some P220s that I consider to be rare. Lucky for me, I have more than one P220. Big Grin

Posts: 9138 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post