SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Browning SA pistol, what is this?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Browning SA pistol, what is this? Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
Looking in the used section at a shop yesterday and they had a pistol listed as a Browning SA. It looks like a version of a Hi Power with a little of the Browning BDM as well. No safety level at all, hammer is bobbed inside the slide, DA pull that is long and incredible easy then transitions to a short, heavy pull before the break. Slide cuts on the front not typical of a BHP and diagonal like the BDM. Grips are also similar to the BDM. FN stampings on the frame along with an importer stamp. This is not the Browning SFS version of the Hi Power but something different.

I've searched and can't find anything about this. What say the forum?

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
That's very similar to what I was looking at yesterday.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tk13:
Browning HP DAO?

http://www.hipowersandhandguns.../FN+DAO+Hi+Power.htm
I wish I had bought a few of the compact and full-size versions 10 years ago when they were $250 each at CDNN.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DMF:
I wish I had bought a few of the compact and full-size versions 10 years ago when they were $250 each at CDNN.

I did buy one of the compacts from CDNN but foolishly sold it. I'm actively trying to get it back.

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You don't want that. Even if you could find magazines for it, you still don't want that.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
You don't want that. Even if you could find magazines for it, you still don't want that.

The trigger convinced me that I didn't want it. I was just curious as to what it actually was.