SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    .22 SIG conversions on sale for $150.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.22 SIG conversions on sale for $150. Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted
https://www.sigsauer.com/store...e/special-offer.html

I really like these things other than the fact the .22 makes the gun really dirty. At this price it's a real value, the list price on these things is out of the world.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got an email for these this morning, and went to the website. Most were sold out. The P229 wasn't sold out, so I ordered one, and when I clicked for the final time to place the order, I got a message saying they were out, and it cancelled the order.

I tried the P220 and bought one of those, instead.

After seeing your link, I went back to the site, and ordered the P229. It went through this time.

Two more reasons I'll spend the winter in the dog house when my wife finds out. Thanks.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
Two more reasons I'll spend the winter in the dog house when my wife finds out. Thanks.

You have to sell her on the fact that .22 ammo is much cheaper than the other pistol caliber ammo. Big Grin

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Dang. Bought one and spare mags. Not sure why I need it but a sale is a sale.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:

You have to sell her on the fact that .22 ammo is much cheaper than the other pistol caliber ammo. Big Grin

That may be good news. She'll have to shoot me twice.

posted Hide Post
I did the same thing, had the conversion kit in my cart and saw the spare magazines were on sale too. I decided to check the internet to see if it was actually a good price for a spare magazine and when I went to check out the conversion kit was out of stock. However the p228, p229 non-rail kit was back in stock today so I ordered one as a birthday gift to myself. The spare magazines were all gone though.
Part of my internet search yesterday was for a website I recalled seeing on this forum that offered parts to upgrade the Sig .22lr guns. I believe it was SigPower, but, didn't find it.
I see black dog machine sells parts to increase magazine capacity and hold open slide after the last round.
http://blackdogmachinellc.net/...-pack-followers.aspx

There is another part number that looks like it was made without the small tabs that need to be cut off in order for it to work in 10rd mags.

Are there any other sources or recommendations out there?

Posts: 723 | Location: Alabama | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been wanting one of these for a while. Can't pass it up at that price.

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
While we're thread drifting a bit, does anyone have experience with the Taylor Tactical mag plugs? They make them for P220, P228/P229, and even P250. Very inexpensive, but I haven't been able to find any reviews. Maybe I should start a separate thread.

http://www.taylor-tactical-sup...-p/229-conv-plug.htm

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up!

I am going to pick a couple of extra mags for my P226 conversion kit.

Rob

Posts: 3466 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does the kit fitting the P228/229 also fit the M11A1?

Posts: 381 | Location: East Texas | Registered: June 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Mine showed up today. Now I can't remember which house I left my P229 at. Crap

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm pissed to no end. I just checked the Sig site to see where my orders are, and they're all cancelled. I certainly didn't cancel them. They've done this four times now. They accepted the order, gave me a confirmation number, and then nothing shows up. I check...cancelled. They did it with two conversion kits, and a large order of magazines, and a recent order of MPX magazines and pouches.

Absolute bullshit.

posted Hide Post
I wanted to follow-up on this thread, after making the statements in the previous post.

Today I had a conversation with a customer service representative at Sig. I wasn't happy about the cancelled orders, nor about the long delay in a response regarding registering a P229 legion with their legion club.

The legion issue was quickly resolved, taken care of while on the phone.

The issue of the four cancelled orders was traced to an automatic program internal to Sig, which flagged each of my orders as frauds. I received mixed reasons, one saying that my orders were placed from outside the country (they weren't), another that I'd ordered too much on each order (single item on two of them, items added on the other two to reach the 100.00 free-shipping threshold, when prompted by their website). Whatever the reason, the orders were cancelled due to Sig's computerized system determining "fraud," with no notification to Sig, or to me.

After discussing it with the online rep, the matter was referred to another department, and I received a voicemail later in the day saying that Sig is sorry for the errors, will fill the cancelled orders right away, and will honor the deals that were part of the orders. So, a little delay, but the matter has been put straight and handled. As far as I'm concerned, that's good enough, but I'm also posting this follow up to say that their customer service on the phone was professional, stellar, and prompt, with every concern immediately addressed and handled.

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Are these current rimfire conversion kits any good? Their early attempts at 22LR conversions sucked monkey balls. Not interested at risking even $150 for an encore of that disaster.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Are these current rimfire conversion kits any good? Their early attempts at 22LR conversions sucked monkey balls. Not interested at risking even $150 for an encore of that disaster.

They do need a little breaking in. After 500 rounds mine run 99%+. When it doesn't I just pull DA shot second time and it goes bang.

sns3guppy,

Glad they made it right for you.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a .22 conversion kit for a p228 last fall when they were on sale. No real 'break-in' and I love it!
To answer your question "Yes, they're worth it".

Posts: 62 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: December 24, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBird679:
While we're thread drifting a bit, does anyone have experience with the Taylor Tactical mag plugs? They make them for P220, P228/P229, and even P250. Very inexpensive, but I haven't been able to find any reviews. Maybe I should start a separate thread.

http://www.taylor-tactical-sup...-p/229-conv-plug.htm
I never tried the Taylor product, but I did take my Dremel to the factory original part and all my mags now hold 14 rounds.

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:

I bought them on the internet. They wouldn't be allowed to put them on the internet if they weren't perfect.

posted Hide Post
I bought one for my P 220 and liked it so much when they offered the P 938 22 kit on sale I bought one for it. It's been a while since I have taken either of them out to shoot but I can't recall any stoppages. I'd like to see metal or steel magazines instead of the plastic ones but we can't have everything. Being honest it's been so long since I took the P 220 out I can't remember what magazines it has but I want to say they are plastic also.

*** A Proud NRA Benefactor Member***

Posts: 212 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post