SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    When you go to the range, do you “make a day of it”?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When you go to the range, do you “make a day of it”? Login/Join 
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rock185:
No indoor ranges around here. The covered outdoor range is about a 20 minute drive for me. I usually go alone, and sometimes am the only person out there. I go whenever I feel like it, but can't really say I "make a day of it". I'm usually out there about 3 hours or so. I don't go as often in Summer, due to the heat here in Central Arizona. We're usually 10-15° less hot than Phoenix in Summertime, but that still equates to HOTWink

Chino?

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Nowadays, my wife and I schedule our range time for the 2nd & 4th Mondays of each month. During the "good" weather months its the outdoor range. Otherwise its the indoor range.

Outdoor range is great, numerous bays to set up our stuff and do our drills. Usually out there for an hour or a little more. We can set up barricades/cover positions, move, etc... Only drawback is that it is 45-50 minute drive (with no traffic).

Indoor range we just run some trigger press drills and are in and out in 30-40 minutes. Brand new top shelf indoor range, 30 minutes from us. Nice staff. Going to do my LEOSA retired officer qual later this month for first time at this place.

I usually head out to the indoor range another 1-2 times each month, with a friend or by myself too.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:
quote:
Originally posted by rock185:
No indoor ranges around here. The covered outdoor range is about a 20 minute drive for me. I usually go alone, and sometimes am the only person out there. I go whenever I feel like it, but can't really say I "make a day of it". I'm usually out there about 3 hours or so. I don't go as often in Summer, due to the heat here in Central Arizona. We're usually 10-15° less hot than Phoenix in Summertime, but that still equates to HOTWink

Chino?

From his e-mail provider, I'm thinking Payson...

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
I live in the city and am a member of a couple of local indoor ranges. I like to go every week, but summer activities, etc. make it hard to do.

I like to shoot steel also, and go to an outdoor range every other month or so to do that and shoot long guns every quarter or so.

Never stay more than a hour or two.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will stay 4-5 hours with rifles. With handguns 2-3. VI

Posts: 646 | Registered: July 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post