Null Login/Join 
Picture of dwd1985
posted
Null

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dwd1985,

Posts: 4449 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
I carried mine. I have no problem carrying the P30 so the L was a no brainer as the slightly longer barrel was a non issue. Aside from that, house gun.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Mine is strictly a range toy. The barrel is only ½ inch longer than the P30, so I don't see a problem with it being a duty gun or carry gun.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine is a range toy like the rest of my pistols except for a G43 that is a carry gun .

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a bad ass pistol. Just had mine done by Rick Holm. Ordered a threaded barrel from Hk and going to put a micro comp on it. It's soft recoiling now. Can't imagine what it will be like with comp.

Posts: 76 | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Not much, I sold mine. Wink

It didn't do anything for me that my P30 wouldn't do.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why do you say it would be a poor choice for duty carry ?

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I use P30L primarily for range fun and home defense. I also have a hybrid Garrett Silent Thunder Fusion holster that I CCW it at times. The grip is the same size as the P30 so the P30L is not any more difficult to conceal.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry mine in the winter. I have a Light LEM Trigger in mine and I love it. Great grip and great feel

Lawrence A Visocky (Larry V)

Posts: 494 | Registered: January 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I used my v.3 to dry fire practice for my staple gun.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
quote:
Originally posted by Nick B:
Why do you say it would be a poor choice for duty carry ?

Mainly weight. Why carry a P30L when you can carry a P30 with the same capacity that weights less?

Just looking at the HK website.
P30: 26.08 oz.
P30L:27.52 oz.
Less than an once and a half .

posted Hide Post
I use mine for uspsa but would use it for anything. I think they are great guns.

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a P 30LS and like it. Put in the lighter springs, has a slick trigger. I like the cocked/locked feature. I shot it a little and then stuck it between the matress. Now it sits in the safe, replaced with a pistol with night sights. I can't face the loss that I'd suffer if I sent it down the road.

Posts: 237 | Location: PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post