SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    anybody pick up a beretta 92 series lately? I have some concerns..
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

anybody pick up a beretta 92 series lately? I have some concerns.. Login/Join 
posted
So I’m jonesing pretty bad for a beretta 92, specifically either the Langdon LTT Elite or possibly M9A3, or just getting the M9 and putting custom parts on it. It’s going to just be a fun gun, maybe used for competition if I ever find a local place to do that.

BUT, Ive read and seen some troubling things on their QC these days, like excessive finish wear internally and the barrels not being centered in the slide, machining marks that are just plain bad and slide rails not being evenly machined. A quick search on google and you see what I’m talking about. Now I’ve gone to a few different gun shops and looked at a few M9a3’s and 2 of them the barrel was way off when you look at it from the muzzle end, one was completely touching. The 3rd one I took it apart and metal shavings fell onto the counter.. all 3 were made in Italy too. I’ve also read that they switched the production of the m9a3 to Italy because the Galatin plant just couldn’t get its shit together.

I’m a big fan of the 92, never owned one but carried one when I was an MP in the army so I think it would be cool to have a nice one, but if I spend about a grand on an LTT or m9a3 it better not have any cosmetic or fitment issues

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IME there is nothing unusual about the barrel not being 'symetrically' aligned in the slide when you look at it

in terms of price - the M9a3 can be found some places for around $800 + tax

https://shoot-straight.com/pro...eretta-m9a3-fde-9mm/

but yes I have read about the TN issues also and would steer towards a made in Italy model personally

if I bought a gun tomorrow it would be a M9a3 i think - the gun DOD should have selected IMO

---------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
Buy from a dealer, tell them your concerns, ask for photos if you can't inspect in person. I'd wager anything from LTT would be good to go.

With the Langdon TJIAB in my Wilson BrigTac I've got a newfound love of the 92. Easily better than any of my DA/SA Sigs, HKs, etc.

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CAR
posted Hide Post
I bought a Galatin made M9A3 a little over a year ago, it is as good in quality as any other pistol I own and is equal to my older Italian made Berettas. I'm very happy with mine.

As far as barrel alignment on the 92 series, idealy, the barrel should just touch the bottom of the hole in the front of the slide when the slide is in battery for the most consistent accuracy.

Posts: 926 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rustpot:
Buy from a dealer, tell them your concerns, ask for photos if you can't inspect in person. I'd wager anything from LTT would be good to go.

With the Langdon TJIAB in my Wilson BrigTac I've got a newfound love of the 92. Easily better than any of my DA/SA Sigs, HKs, etc.

That’s what I was thinking too, I figure Langdon will filter out the turds. I’m not as concerned about the barrel thing, although it would bother me, but I could live with it if it wasn’t way off.

posted Hide Post
I've sold quite a few LTTs on here. All were good except one that had some cosmetic defects to the slide stop lever. If you're looking for one of those or an M9A3, feel free to hit me up for SF pricing.

Otherwise there are a lot of really good deals out there on M9s and 92FS (as low as $429!) so the build it yourself option is a really good one, too.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
If you’re looking for an LTT, they are awesome, shoot me an email. Don’t see one in your profile.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Like with any new gun, inspect before you come home. Beretta doesn't warranty for finish issues if they're present when delivered but you did a 4473 anyways.

I've seen a lot of tool marks on new Berettas compared to older ones. It took me four M9A3's before I found one that was in the shape it should have been to transfer it.

All that said...they're all functional.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm extremely smitten with my Wilson Combat Brig Tac and equally so with my bone stock INOX 92FS Brigadier (made ~2016, U.S. - MD made).

I don't/won't carry either, but keep them handy for a house gun and they seem to get more than their fair share of range time.

Interestingly, my 'regular joe' 92FS Brig/INOX came with the best slide lock-up I've ever seen on a Beretta - solid as a bank vault. I was going to send it to either Wilson or Allegheny for customizing, but after the first range session, I thought it best not to mess with a good thing. Very happy leaving it stock.

Posts: 559 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
My first and only 92 is a LTT with Langdon Trigger job. I can’t imagine a better example of the firearm. I’ve taken it to the range every time I go. Buy with confidence from Langdon Tactical.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^+++, Buy from Langdon direct and you'll have a pistol you will never part with.

Posts: 932 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m definitely leaning towards the elite LTT, besides all the extras it comes with I have large hands and the Vertec grip is ok but it just feels small to me since I’m so used to the feel of an army m9. Is the trigger job worth the extra 160 bucks?

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^ YES! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8877 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dc54:
My first and only 92 is a LTT with Langdon Trigger job. I can’t imagine a better example of the firearm. I’ve taken it to the range every time I go. Buy with confidence from Langdon Tactical.

/THIS/ Bought my LTT Elite w/ trigger job directly from them a few weeks ago. It's absolutely amazing. I have a friend who is ex-military who previously came across a good deal on a Wilson Combat Centurion. It's clearly pretty nostalgic for him but his Wilson is one of the best examples of a firearm he or I have ever seen or shot. After both of us doing a head to head of the Wilson vs LTT Elite we had to call it a tie but he much preferred the fiber front sight of the LTT. The only other difference we noted is his Wilson has just under a 4.0 lbs SA while the LTT w/ trigger job is at or just barely over 3.0 lbs.

Posts: 351 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rustpot:

The Langdon TJIAB is very nice. It really did a number on my 92A1(now -G) and I am really impressed. It is better than any of my out of the box DA/SA Sigs except the P226 X5 All Around. I also wouldn’t say it is better than any of my DA/SA Sigs that visited Bruce’s volcano base, though it is darned nice. My only HKs are not DA/SA, so they are totally different animals.

Posts: 6918 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post