SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Two-Tone Tuesday
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Two-Tone Tuesday Login/Join 
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
Commander length Strayer Voight Infinity in 9mm.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
Sort of two tone...

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1857 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Some very cool two-tones. Man, I may need another!

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some comments on my own personal experience with two-tone:

1) Never cared for them, primarily based on photos. After I had my 1995 P229 slide bead blasted, I noticed they look FAR better in person than in photos. Probably due to the various highlights you get even with professional photography.

2) Color is actually more a silvery gray than shiny SS. Photos don't show true color.

3) No glare with the slides in direct sunlight. Was originally concerned about the issue.

3) Discovered an unexpected benefit...at least for me. I use Heinie black/black on all my Sigs. The lighter slide backlights the dark sights. Draws my eye naturally to the darker front sight. For me, faster sight acquisition, especially with old eyes.

I now have a P239, P226, P229 and two P320's with bead blasted slides. Bottom line is that I get functionality from two-tones, not just cosmetics.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nipper,

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post

P229 w/Custom made holster

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
My squirrel gun is a two tone also.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want to play.

Posts: 7345 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
That's right, it's Tuesday!

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Sweet!

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post