SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Chiappa Rhino - Should I buy 5 or 6 inch?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chiappa Rhino - Should I buy 5 or 6 inch? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Have 5" 38/357. Put 1 box of 38 wad cutters thru it.....meh ! Cleaned it and put it in the back of the vault.

Posts: 160 | Location: Sarasota FL | Registered: April 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I handled one of the rainbow PVD coated Rhino's yesterday. Sort of want...

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kallotterg:
Have 5" 38/357. Put 1 box of 38 wad cutters thru it.....meh ! Cleaned it and put it in the back of the vault.

I plan to try it for plate rack at Monday night pistol league this year. You only get six rounds for plate rack so the Rhino capacity isn't a handicap. And the trigger is good in DA and great in SA.

Posts: 117 | Registered: August 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Got am email notification last night that my backordered 9mm moonclips shipped from Midway yesterday and I should have them by Tuesday. Anyone looking for the 9mm/40 moonclips, Midway seems to be the only one that was showing them in stock yesterday. I also found a fitting Hogue Handall grip sleeve that fits the Rhino wood grip and put that on since grip availability is currently limited so a follow up range trip is in order next week.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
OP, any word on the keyholeing?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ready for Plate Rack.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
OP, any word on the keyholeing?

Haven't looked into it yet but hope to get out in the next couple days with the previous post configuration.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
Can you make your thread title more descriptive so people don't have to click in to see why you've posted.

All I see on the header is: Chiappa Rhino - Should I buy 5. I'm thinking, yup - why not? I bought 4 Vepr 12's for no good reason:-) So get 5 or more. But don't know the firearm at all so was going to refrain....I'm glad I clicked on the thread:-)

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimb888:
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
Can you make your thread title more descriptive so people don't have to click in to see why you've posted.

All I see on the header is: Chiappa Rhino - Should I buy 5. I'm thinking, yup - why not? I bought 4 Vepr 12's for no good reason:-) So get 5 or more. But don't know the firearm at all so was going to refrain....I'm glad I clicked on the thread:-)

Well, the title says: Chiappa Rhino - Should I buy 5 or 6 inch?
So your viewing device must be cropping.
Good that you decided to join us though, hope you enjoyed.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Pics or it didn't happen.... Wink

I'll call your pics and raise two videos:

MCL RHINO YS

MCL SW929 YS

posted Hide Post
Ok, that loading tool is pretty darn cool. I like your taste in guns. I really want to get a Rhino.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Pretty neat device you got there, Depami. I’ve no use for a moon clip loader currently, but I am curious to know more about it.

Posts: 17123 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
I shot a 4 in Rhino in 357 shortly after they came out. At the time I hated the look, but the recoil impulse was amazingly good. These days my gun asthetics are not as stringent if form follows a desired function. If I was looking for an EDC or trail revolver, I'd seriously consider it. For general purpose or house gun, I'd get the 5 incher. For carry the 4. I'm not sure what the 6 in barrel on a rhino would get me, particularly in a 9.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8679 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post