SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I’m sooo weak. Odd Duck HK45C NATO GRUEN (Now With Pics)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I’m sooo weak. Odd Duck HK45C NATO GRUEN (Now With Pics) Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted
So I have been on a bit of a .45 thing as of late and I was planning on either a full size USP .45 or an HK45. The more I mulled it over the more I kept coming back to how much I like the HK45c/USPc size and versatility.

As I was mulling this over I came across an OD Green frame two tone HK45c that is German made / proofed for sale and ....... well it will go well with my black US one. The two tone look just grabbed me and if it indeed comes in as a German proofed gun I will be doubly happy.

Moral of the story is.....I’m weak. Frown

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cslinger,

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats,
Similar here been mulling Sig 220,227 or USP for my next 45.

Posts: 276 | Registered: February 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Weakness is your strength! Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
The first step is admitting you are weak.

We are gonna' want to see pics. Smile

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Pics when I get it. Come to find out it’s part of a fairly small number of “NATO Green” German made/proofed models that came into the country. I grabbed it because I really like my 45C and the black on green two tone really grabbed me but it may end up being a somewhat rare gun. Can’t wait to get it and check it out. Cannot wait to see if it shoots as well as my U.S. build one.

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
CS:
I'm on the verge of a 45 myself - would you name the shop for the German find?

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4561 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
My HK45c is my favorite 45 acp. It does what my HK-45 does, in a smaller package. The full size magazines work fine too, should you want a higher capacity reload.

Mine is in ‘lite LEM’.

Posts: 6130 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My HK .45ACP pistols are a HK45CT and a MK23. 20 years ago, I owned a USP .45 Tactical, but sold that because I was a poor college student.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love my 45c and actually picked up a few extra mags for it a couple months ago on our very forum. Keep your eyes peeled, mags pop up every now and then at decent prices.

Posts: 1621 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
It is from arms Unlimited and apparently they are sold out.

Shipped yesterday so we will see in a few days. All I know is for 660 shipped it’s a solid deal for a standard black U.S. gun. Something a little odd makes it a pretty good deal.

I waiver back and forth between my 45C and my USPc as to which is my favorite .45. Well my favorite practical .45. My Ed Brown Kobra is my favorite piece of kinetic art. Smile

That size handgun is a sweet spot and they really can serve any role well.

Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
My favorite 45 is the USP 45 I have. Not one of those new limited mag ones but one that holds the proper 12 as God intended. However, it is a much cleaner 45 than kimbers. But at 660 I can not say it was a bad grab either.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
It is from arms Unlimited and apparently they are sold out.

Shipped yesterday so we will see in a few days. All I know is for 660 shipped it’s a solid deal for a standard black U.S. gun. Something a little odd makes it a pretty good deal.

I waiver back and forth between my 45C and my USPc as to which is my favorite .45. Well my favorite practical .45. My Ed Brown Kobra is my favorite piece of kinetic art. Smile

That size handgun is a sweet spot and they really can serve any role well.

Excellent purchase! I saw those over at AU and was tempted myself. I think you got one of the top .45s to be had. Looking forward to photos when it arrives. I love the two-tone look as well.

Good luck with it!

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I am anxious to compare it to my “plebeian” ‘Merican made HK45C, which I am happy to say has a DA pull that is FINALLY breaking in. Last time out I really noticed a pleasant difference in the DA. Smoother and a hair lighter. Still sucks of course but better. Smile

I REALLY do like my 45C and looking forward to having a somewhat rare backup to it.

Balaam's Ass
Picture of Vero8
posted Hide Post
I'm right there with you. My last three pistols have been 45s. Most recently HK45c.

God bless America...and no one else

Posts: 4396 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Well I picked up my odd duck Nato Gruen(Green) HK45C today. I haven't had a chance to shoot it but here are some pictures and thoughts.

-The pistol looks GREAT. Love the black on OD green, with black controls.

-The "stippling" on the front strap and rear are different from my U.S. made 45C. It appears to be the "squiggly line format" found on the VP9. It feels slightly better in the hand.

-All proper German markings are there. CIP over N, Stags horns, 128 prefix, DE marking. This is an ALL GERMAN produced gun.

-Importer is HKI of Gabrills, MD and the import mark is located very small and tastefully on the barrel.

-Fit, finish etc. show no real difference from my U.S. made 45C. Both appear to be held to the same build specifications no matter what side of the pond they were produced.

-The trigger on the German gun is noticeably better out of the box then my U.S. made gun. My U.S. made 45C trigger is finally breaking in a bit but the German gun has a better trigger no doubt.

-This is a very cool, odd duck, HK45C and so far as my initial look and comparisons go, it should be a fantastic gun. It will be shot and I cannot wait to do so.

-I have no idea how many of these came in to the country but I have heard 28.

On to the pictures.

15m test target. Apparently the German ransom robot shoots FAR FAR better then I do. Big Grin

My .45 caliber HK trio.

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I can see why you wilted on this. Just looking at the pics gives me a stirring in my loins....Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
That's a fine looking blaster cslinger! I like it so much, I put my email on the notify me list at AU if they ever get more in.

A guy can hope, right? Big Grin

I love me some two-tone autos!

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Love me some HK45C.

Great pick up.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I generally cant warm up to compact pistols but that is quite nice. How many rounds does its mag hold as pictured? How long is its barrel?

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I can see why you wilted on this. Just looking at the pics gives me a stirring in my loins....Big Grin

Big Grin

That might be catching, around these parts Wink

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post