SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    365 owners: what JHPs are in you pistol tonight?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

365 owners: what JHPs are in you pistol tonight? Login/Join 
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted
I was simply curious what folks here have found to function best in their 365s, as far as JHPs go. ( I'm sort of curious what percentage of 365 owners have moved from testing/proving their 365s to actually EDC'ing them. )

I haven't had a chance to try any out in mine yet, but I'll start off with my two, go-to JHPs: Speer Gold Dots and Federal HSTs.

What's functioning and grouping the best with your 365?

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
147gr HST standard pressure

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
I’ve tested 124 grain plus p HST, and they were snappy. Fed them just fine though.

Mine is currently waiting a custom rig from Garrett, but she is loaded with 147 grain standard pressure HST. Which coincidentally is the most accurate load I’ve tried.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Hornady 115gr XTPs. I tried a dozen hollow points and I found these gave me the best groups. That being said, every hollow point I shot functioned reliably in the P365.

Side note. This P365 has seen over 700 FMJ and another 700 Hollow points with zero malfunctions.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sigarms229,

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
None. It's not getting carried anywhere but the range until it's had a lot more ammunition through it, and I'm satisfied. With people having catastrophic failures reported up to a thousand rounds downrange, I wouldn't consider it for carry until I've seen well in excess of that. Until then, the P365 remains an experiment.

It's had no issues thus far, but many others had the same thing, up until a firing pin broke or the trigger return spring failed, or whatever may have occurred.

I'll be happier after a couple thousand trouble free rounds, perhaps. After that, there's another one sitting in the safe that's going to require the same thing, in order to be trusted.

I can't imagine carrying a pistol with a dozen carry rounds through it, with the intent of using the pistol to save my life. Quite a gamble.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Barnes TAC - XTD 115gr +P - I have fired 140 rounds of this round so far between the two P365’s we have and like the results.....I also have over 500 rds of FMJ’s through these two pistols in addition to the TAC rounds...

147Gr HST Standard Velocity will be my back-up. Have 300 rounds on the way from Bone Frog now to get the HST’s qualified....Mark

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fed HST 124 gr. in the home.
Underwood Extreme Defender solid copper 90 gr. out of my home.

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
124gr HST +P

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
None.

Yes, I kinda figured this might be a bit of a touchy subject for some here.

Good luck with your on going trials. Smile

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not really touchy; I choose not to carry mine presently because I don't think it's prudent to do so. When I'm interested in a pistol, I buy one, often several examples, and try them out. It's the reason that I have a lot of firearms in my safes. In a sense, it's kind of a waste in that I don't (and can't) carry so many firearms. Just one. It's just what I've done since I was a teen.

There doesn't seem much point presently messing around with hollow point ammunition, as I'm still just sampling with ball range ammunition to see how the pistol holds up.

Like I've said, I quite like the pistol, and have high hopes for it, but take a wait-and-see approach. If it holds up and does as advertised (so far it has), then great. A successful experiment. If it doesn't, then I have also found what I set out to find. Also a successful test. Time will tell.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
124 Grain Gold Dots.

Fire fears me, Women love me!

Posts: 83 | Location: York, PA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
Speer Gold Dots 124gr +P

Posts: 461 | Location: AZ | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
I ordered a bunch of 150gr Mico Pistol HSTs this week and will try them out in my 365 next weekend.

I've got several boxes of Speer Gold Dots in 124gr, 124gr +P and 147gr readily available, too. I'll give each of those a whirl and see what does the best out of my 365.

Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
I don't own a 365, but all my 9mm's have 124 gr +P Federal HST in them.

Based on information from this site: www.luckygunner.com/labs/self-...mmo-ballistic-tests/

I tried the 147 HST +p, but the recoil was detrimental to my accuracy over the long-term. IOW: I couldn't practice enough with it to be comfortable, because it hurt to shoot.

The 124 +P's are still snappy, but I can break off 200 at a time and still be ok. Plus they expand more and penetrate just as deep as the 147 +P's.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: g8rforester,

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went to an indoor range to test 20 rounds of several manufacturers. I ended up settling on Barnes TAC - XTD 115gr +P. Two reasons, mild recoil and very little muzzle flash compared to others. I look at the 365 as a defensive gun. A terrible surprise coming out of nowhere at close range. My Mk25 on the other hand is an offensive gun.

Member Grand Collectors Ass.
Member Nat. Society Sons of the American Revolution
NRA

Posts: 91 | Registered: April 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll be trying Sig's new 365 ammo - practice and self defense - at the range next week. The rationale for this ammo seems sound to me - less flash, better control. My most likely use of this pistol in a self-defense situation will be in my house, lights out. I have the JHP loaded in the meantime.

jpfive
Sig P365
Sig P220R-4-DSE 45ACP
Springfield 1911 Custom 45ACP
Beretta PX-4 9mm
Browning Buckmark 22 LR
Ruger Six 22WMR/LR
S&W 686+ 6"
S&W Airweight Snubby

Posts: 14 | Location: Pensacola, FL | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Ranger 147 bonded or HST 147 though the Ranger is more accurate in my P365.

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
9BPLE 115 +P+ in my classic P series pistols.

Posts: 2765 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
9BPLE 115 +P+ in my classic P series pistols.

How does your 365 run with those? Wink

posted Hide Post
Hornady 115 Critical Defense. Very accurate and no feed or eject issues at all.

Here there is no failure, only varied degrees of success!

Posts: 884 | Location: Carrollton, TX | Registered: August 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post