SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    OK...Sig - for a new caliber conversion for the P320 .45...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OK...Sig - for a new caliber conversion for the P320 .45... Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
OK...what are your thoughts...

A conversion kit for .38 Super for the Sig P320 .45.

Please discuss...

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They might sell a dozen.

Doubt there's a return on investment. Not to mention the down time in production due to the upgrade. Nothing's impossible I guess but you're better off having a smith make you a one off if you really want one.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
What about 10mm?

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
38 super is one of those I've just never developed any interest/desire to acquire;

357 sig has never been of any real interest, in that I'd be willing to acquire yet another pile of hardware to support yet another caliber regardless of its advantages;

10mm in my 220 and a revolver more than serve my limited interest/needs in such, although the 10 did give me reason to finally abandon the 40; unlikely I'd want my precious 320 to serve as home for the 10mm.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'd love to see it as I'm a 38 Super fan but I have to agree with Buddy Chryst. They wouldn't sell enough to make it worth their while.
Although if someone took the chance to make a double stack 38 Super in a polymer framed gun, it just might catch on as the very good cartridge that it is.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 706 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Delta-3:
quote:

I'd love to see it as I'm a 38 Super fan but I have to agree with Buddy Chryst. They wouldn't sell enough to make it worth their while.
Although if someone took the chance to make a double stack 38 Super in a polymer framed gun, it just might catch on as the very good cartridge that it is.

I'm with Delta. I think one would be sweet.

Cliff
FPD ret., USN ret., NRA Lifer

Posts: 45 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: June 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
4.7" barrel standard, 5" barrel X5...that could be very nice. I haven't picked up the 320 in .45 yet, but there has to be a way to make a reasonably compact polymer grip frame to accomodate a double-stack .38 Super magazine, right? If so, you get a little more juice than a 9mm in a polymer frame to help ameliorate recoil, and you get (I'm guessing) something more than a 20% boost in mag capacity over the 357SIG/.40S&W. All of this in a pistol chambered for a cartridge that SIG is now in the buisness of manufacturing, for what that might be worth to the company.

I don't know. Price it about the same way that P320s have been priced of late, and that sounds pretty appealing. Especially if it shoots anything like SIG's previous .38 Supers.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post