SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    xRay sight question for P320 Carry
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

xRay sight question for P320 Carry Login/Join 
posted
So I want to get a set of Sig Xray3 sights for my P320 but I'm not sure which set to order? Most of the information I've seen online indicate that a 9mm 320 carry slide should need the #8's front and rear and sure enough I have a brand new 320 Carry slide that came with the standard white dot sights and they are #8's front and rear. I haven't shot this slide so I have no idea if the sights will shoot POA?

The reason for the doubt is, I have a different 320 Carry slide which is the actual slide I want to replace the sights on. Its from an older CPO gun and came with an older style of Sig night sights and you guessed it, they are the #6 front and #8 rear. I don't have a lot of rounds down range with this gun yet but so far the sights seem to be dead on.

So do I get what's technically correct (#8 F&R = SOX10003) or what seems to work (#6F & #8R = SOX10001)? I'm probably going to go with what seems to work (#6 & #8) but wanted to hear what you guys think?

Posts: 71 | Location: Northern KY | Registered: January 07, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I understand your confusion

I have a p320 compact that came with #8 front and rear

A friend of mine his p320 compact came with a #6 front and #8 rear

And my p229 legion also came with #8 front and read and the same friend his p229 legion came with #6 front and #8 rear

And we both claim our pistol is dead on and poa is poi

So go figure...

Apparantly this is not uncommon

For what it is worth : i believe the only difference between my p320 compact and your p320 carry is the height of the grip

My p320 compact is dead on with the #8 front and read , so this is what i would suggest to use.

In your case i would go with the #6 front and #8 rear is it dead on for you.

I do have to admit that i also bought a spare set of x ray 3 sight with #6 front and #8 rear just in case I was wrong , but still sitting on the shelf.

Posts: 19 | Registered: July 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
In "theory", a #6 vs. #8 front site "should" result in a 2" lower POI at 25 meters for the #6.

If you typically shoot at shorter ranges, say 12-15 yards, lot's of folks won't even notice a difference, which at that range would only be ~1".

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
In "theory", a #6 vs. #8 front site "should" result in a 2" lower POI at 25 meters for the #6.

If you typically shoot at shorter ranges, say 12-15 yards, lot's of folks won't even notice a difference, which at that range would only be ~1".

Well that may explain it? Like I said, I haven't shot this one much yet. I've only been to the range with it twice now and both times with limited rounds down range due to the ammo shortages and I have yet to stretch it out beyond 15yrds.

quote:
Originally posted by crazydice:
I understand your confusion

I have a p320 compact that came with #8 front and rear

A friend of mine his p320 compact came with a #6 front and #8 rear

And my p229 legion also came with #8 front and read and the same friend his p229 legion came with #6 front and #8 rear

And we both claim our pistol is dead on and poa is poi

So go figure... Apparantly this is not uncommon

I've read somewhere (and not sure if this was someone's speculation or based on factual information?) that what might explain the discrepancy between similar models is that when Sig test fires these, if the specific gun shoots low, they put on the taller sight which would indicate very good QC? On the other hand, it could be that Sig's QC isn't that great and some guns slip through with the wrongs sights and most people just aren't good enough shooters to notice? Who knows?

quote:
Originally posted by crazydice:
I do have to admit that i also bought a spare set of x ray 3 sight with #6 front and #8 rear just in case I was wrong , but still sitting on the shelf.

Well if you are tired of looking at them sitting on the shelve and feel like cutting a deal, I can be your huckleberry? lol

Posts: 71 | Location: Northern KY | Registered: January 07, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Based solely on my personal experience with Sig I doubt that they swap sights at all. I suspect 5hey have two bins. Front and rear and sometimes 8’s and 6’s get in different bins.

The above is probably correct. Many never really shoot at 25 yards or more. And many more aren’t good enough to notice a 2 inch low pattern.

My Sig’s have a mix. I occasionally shoot on paper at 25 yards and honestly 2 inches low offhand for me would still be acceptable. Old eyes are a bitch. Lol

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I occasionally shoot on paper at 25 yards and honestly 2 inches low offhand for me would still be acceptable. Old eyes are a bitch. Lol

I'm right there with you (old eyes) so I don't do much 25yd shooting with my pistols and when I do, its usually at steel so a 2" shift in POA/POI would pretty much go unnoticed.

Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
Sig sight height is not consistent.
If it has 8/8 now I would get that set no matter what other guns may have.

I would verify POI/POA before changing it.
I spent money on the wrong sights based on caliber and it was more than just a little off at 10 yds or so.
I replaced my 220's sights with 6/8 and couldn't figure out why it was so low until I measured the sights and found them to be 8/8.
Bought some 8/8 sights and all better.
I did it again ordering sights for my 229 Select seeing it had a 6 on the front and got a 6/8 set.
Not even hitting the target backer.
Checked the rear sight and it was a 6 not an 8.

What I have seen in my few samples is that if the front and rear dovetails are cut to the same depth, like my 226 that has them at .075" deep, then 8/8 is the combo that gives .030" sight height differential between front and rear.
.075" seems to be common with my guns that have an 8 rear.
If the front cut is .065" deep it has a 6 front.
The Select with a 6 rear is cut to .055" deep.

My 229 Legacy slide in .40 cal has 8/10 sights.
It's cut to .095" and I had to remove material from the bottom of the sights to clear the top of slide.

Edited for wrong data..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: powermad,

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most of the Sig pistols I have owned have had #8 sights for front and back except my P365. The P365 had a #6 front and I could never shoot it accurately, as it would always shoot low. I bought a #8 front sight and it made all of the difference in the world. Now it shoots like a laser. With some sight heights, Sig creates their own "combat aiming", which I have not found on other pistols I have owned. Not sure why Sig does what it does sometimes.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I decided to order the SOX10003 set (#8 F&R) because its technically the correct set. We'll see if I get them because I had to order from a place that shall not be named around here but it was the only place showing in stock. We'll see if I get them and how they do?

Thanks

posted Hide Post
Well the good news is that B word place that shall not be named came through. I received the sites and will hopefully get the time to install them and try them out soon

Picture of CAR
posted Hide Post
I have a 9mm P320 X-Carry and it came from the factory with #8 X-Ray front and rear. Mine seems to shoot just fine, but I don't do any long range shooting with it.

I also put #8 front and rear on my 9mm P320 Danish X-Carry build and it seems to be shooting to point of aim as well.

Posts: 926 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
Friend of mine has a 9mm compact P320 CPO that came with #6 front and #8 rear. He has been shooting low. He tried mine with #8 and #8 and was hitting point of aim.

Somebody on the CPO assembly line must have been putting the wrong sights on 9mm guns.

Posts: 7395 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post