SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Thinking about a .22 revolver, Ruger SP101 or Smith & Wesson 63? Ended up with a Ruger LCRx
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thinking about a .22 revolver, Ruger SP101 or Smith & Wesson 63? Ended up with a Ruger LCRx Login/Join 
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
After some further thought, I’ve decided to go with a 3” Ruger LCRx. They have pretty good triggers out of the box and it was about $135 cheaper than the SP101 or Model 63 even after ordering a set of Hogue G10 grips. I’ll just have to put some fluorescent nail polish on the front sight to give it a little better visibility.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spiff_P239:
After some further thought, I’ve decided to go with a 3” Ruger LCRx. They have pretty good triggers out of the box and it was about $135 cheaper than the SP101 or Model 63 even after ordering a set of Hogue G10 grips. I’ll just have to put some fluorescent nail polish on the front sight to give it a little better visibility.

I came in to suggest this gun, I’ve had one about a year and a half and I enjoy it. It’s light enough I don’t notice it’s in my pack and it’s accurate enough for what I do with it. Last time I had it out I shot 5 ptarmigans with it from ~ 25yds

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Picked up my Ruger LCRx today.

Promptly put on some Hogue G10 grips.

Can’t wait to get it to the range.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So how did your LCRx 22LR 3" shoot and feel? Impressions of trigger action?
Today in most of Michigan was a good day to shoot outside.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Good Choice Spaceman Spiff!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
I really haven't had a chance to get to the range yet, but the Ruger does feel pretty solid. Double action trigger feels kind of heavy but the single action is fairly light. The smooth Hogue G10 grip definitely looks and feels better than the factory rubber grip although I am not sure if maybe I should have gone with the textured grip instead. I have no doubt that it will suffice for its intended use, which is just cheap plinking and introducing new shooters to firearms.