SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 X5 Owners with Optics
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 X5 Owners with Optics Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:
quote:
Originally posted by shakazulu12:
You are right. I think I got a local version of the rules, and had not looked again recently. And point taken on the 2011.

However, looks like my lim dot minor gun might be able to play in idpa now.

If you want to shoot it in IDPA, it shouldn't be a problem. Outlaw division. Big Grin

Posts: 221 | Location: WI | Registered: October 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scsu74
posted Hide Post
double tap

X-Carry (ACRO & DPP slides), X5 x2 (w/ DPPs, gas pedals, Springer guide rods)

Posts: 293 | Location: Up Nort | Registered: July 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
Was away on a work project but purchased the 320 X5 with Romeo1 optic today, just waiting on the paperwork to clear. Thanks again everyone for the input!

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Congrats!

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RC Fan:
Awesome! Congrats!

Thanks Cathy, just need an X6 now to complete my X gun trifecta lol.

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Newf:
quote:
Awesome! Congrats!

Yes you do need an X6! How about a P220 X-Six II?

Cathy

Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Awesome! Congrats!

The .45ACP option is certainly interesting!

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Awesome! Congrats!

The first generation version is the most accurate gun I have ever shot.

Cathy

Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Awesome! Congrats!

The first generation version is the most accurate gun I have ever shot.

That'd be my X5L1 or P210 for me - but then all my guns are more accurate than I am LOL. I feel the need for an optic now though with my old(er) eyes for competition shooting, looking forward to getting to know the 320 X5 for that.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WildSig:
I have a 6MOA Vortex Venom mounted on the P320 X5 I use for USPSA and Steel Challenge. I attached it with the Conversion plate that is offered by Springer Precision but I've heard that with minor changes to the slide or optic itself it can be mounted right to the slide. I haven't tried that with mine yet but may try it when Sig ships my second P320 X5.

Prior to getting my X5 I was using a P320 Rx with the Romeo 1. The Romeo 1 has a very big piece of glass compared to the Vortex Venom but the dot is very small and it does not get very bright so there were times when I was really searching for the dot.

Even though the Venom has a small window of glass I have no problems tracking or seeing the dot on the X5 even in bright sunlight. Some people have had quite a few issues with the Vortex line but I have not had any issues yet after a little over 3,000 rounds. I guess time will tell if I have issues or not.

Hi WildSig,

This is my inaugural post to the forum. I was wondering if you had to file the Springer conversion plate in order to mount it on the P320 X5 or were you able to mount it without any adjustments to the plate.

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

Striider

Posts: 1 | Registered: December 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by striider:
Hi WildSig,

This is my inaugural post to the forum. I was wondering if you had to file the Springer conversion plate in order to mount it on the P320 X5 or were you able to mount it without any adjustments to the plate.

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

Striider

Welcome to the forum.

I did have to file the mount on the back of the conversion plate in order to mount it on my P320 X5. They make them just a touch longer in order to compensate for any differences in the factory milled slot. It usually doesn't take too much to file it off and make the mount fit.

I know some will use red loctite on the screws for the mount and the dot but I have always used just the blue loctite and never had a plate come loose.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 2
One had Romeo1, with 3MOA dot, and the other, I bought used, came with a Romeo3, with 3MOA dot, on a Springer adapter plate. I shot one IDPA match with each. I like that the viewing area of the Romeo3 is bigger than the viewing area on the Romeo1.
The lens cracked, on the Romeo3, and Sig replaced it. I just got it back.
I'm a little color blind, and found that the dots on both aren't bright enough for ME, on a bright,sunny, day, so I ordered a Romeo1, with a 6 MOA dot, and found that I can see it in bright sunlight.
My 3MOA Romeo1 is already in the classifieds, and the Romeo3 will be there soon.

Posts: 221 | Location: WI | Registered: October 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post