SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Where have X5's the 1st Gen models been selling?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where have X5's the 1st Gen models been selling? Login/Join 
The Constable
posted
I was offered an X-5, 226, 9mm Comp gun this past weekend at the Missoula gun show. One of the first Gen X-5's. What are these going for lately, I'm out of the loop.

Seller wanted $2500 with 3 mags in the factory case, with target, etc. I thought I paid like $1350 or $1400 for mine, but that was several years back.

Are the 1st Gen guns more desirable than the 2nd?

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:

Depends on if you like the ginormous X-(whatever) script written on the slide.

Posts: 9153 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
That's it? No one has any info?

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best place to check on the value is Gun Broker. I am not sure at other states but in California here a similar Sig like that asking for $3K or so...

Posts: 226 | Registered: September 23, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
more desirable if you don't want a rail.

$2500 is way high for a comp in 9mm.

Posts: 2213 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was offered an X-5, 226, 9mm Comp gun this past weekend at the Missoula gun show. One of the first Gen X-5's. What are these going for lately, I'm out of the loop.

Seller wanted $2500 with 3 mags in the factory case, with target, etc. I thought I paid like $1350 or $1400 for mine, but that was several years back.

I do not know where they are selling. I think most owners are keeping them, I know I am

I think it was foolish to put a rail on a firearm that is aimed at the target/competition shooters

That price you paid is about the same that I paid, but that is 4 or 5 years ago when they were still in production

It is simply a supply and demand thing. There is no more supply, but the demand still exists. The seller might have been negotiable

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Andy1972:
Best place to check on the value is Gun Broker. I am not sure at other states but in California here a similar Sig like that asking for $3K or so...

GB is where most of the X-guns are sold, but unfortunately (for buyers), the asking prices are always on the high side. Even worse for CA buyers, where the restrictions and prohibitions have driven prices up even higher, especially for guns that can only be bought and sold intrastate.

quote:
Originally posted by airbubba:
more desirable if you don't want a rail.

$2500 is way high for a comp in 9mm.

Agree. These days, no one should have to fork out that much for a X5 Comp., with the exceptions that you are in Cali, or that you are just desperate.
quote:
Originally posted by colt_saa:
I do not know where they are selling. I think most owners are keeping them, I know I am

I think it was foolish to put a rail on a firearm that is aimed at the target/competition shooters...

I don't think it is foolish at all. They made the rail for those who want to use optics (using the X-mount), or those who want to put some extra weight on the gun to reduce muzzle flip (using the X-weight) without having to modify them with drilling and tapping. Having options is good.

Q

Posts: 26387 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post