SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Tired of Waiting
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tired of Waiting Login/Join 
Picture of Sgtbrock
posted
Well I bought a G43 TALO today ($439) . Ordered OC custom trigger $65, 2 Pierce one round extension $20.00 for both. Talon Grip $17.95 . So less than $540 for a SURE bang every time 7 +1 with great sights and excellent trigger. Still have not seen a P365 ( do they exist?) But from a
fairly large % of no go bang customers ( Sig claims few ever notice the more big business has to lose the more they lie!) The P 365 may be a 0 +1.

Posts: 15 | Location: Florida | Registered: April 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the Glock is the pistol for you. Enjoy.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107551 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Am I the only guy that just buys a Glock and leaves it stock? I mean I replace the dovetail protectors but other than that bone stock.

Enjoy the new boom stick.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
you did good, you always can get the 365 later there is no time limit. Big Grin

Posts: 5594 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Am I the only guy that just buys a Glock and leaves it stock? I mean I replace the dovetail protectors but other than that bone stock.

No sir, you're not alone. Maybe install night sights but thats it.

Posts: 58 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Plain stock is fine. Light modified is fine. Crazy full bore modified until it's unrecognizable...well, whatever. It's about what works best for the gun owner. That's the beauty of a Glock.

Nothing wrong with going with something that's tried and true while biding one's time for SIG to get their heavy production schedule in order. Then again waiting for the 'all-clear' on the early QC issues that have surfaced so far with the 365 isn't a bad strategy either. The G43 is a solid choice.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sgtbrock
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the nice comments. So far I love this little gun. I may under cut the trigger guard just a little; however, I do like the extra length between the front of grip to heel of grip (over what pictures show for the Sig). I also like the extra sight radius. I can always use anything that helps shoot a little straighter. The + 1 extension adds very little to the height less than 1/8 inch. Ya'll have a great weekend , I'm going to put about 500 rds down range with the new baby so I'll be in hog heaven. Should be my EDC by Sunday.

Posts: 15 | Location: Florida | Registered: April 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GJM365
posted Hide Post
They are out there, have 2....just received my 2nd on Wednesday, born June 8....
S/N of #1 Born January 29..... 2,01x
S/N of #2 Born June 8..........59,29x

So it appears 60,000 or so are in circulation with Backorders of over 250,000.

Posts: 20 | Registered: January 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sgtbrock:
Well I bought a G43 TALO today ($439) . Ordered OC custom trigger $65, 2 Pierce one round extension $20.00 for both. Talon Grip $17.95 . So less than $540 for a SURE bang every time 7 +1 with great sights and excellent trigger. Still have not seen a P365 ( do they exist?) But from a
fairly large % of no go bang customers ( Sig claims few ever notice the more big business has to lose the more they lie!) The P 365 may be a 0 +1.

What’s a fairly large percentage? Mine has been perfect. Haven’t heard many on here who have them have issues either.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GJM365:
They are out there, have 2....just received my 2nd on Wednesday, born June 8....
S/N of #1 Born January 29..... 2,01x
S/N of #2 Born June 8..........59,29x

So it appears 60,000 or so are in circulation with Backorders of over 250,000.

Sounds about right, maybe. Our SIG rep said that the company was only shipping around 20,000 365s a month right now. I'd guess that 'other projects' (the Army contract perhaps?) are limiting factors. However at this rate it's going to take a LOT longer than 3 years to reach a million units...the approximate time it took Glock to reach the 1,000,000th G43 made.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
quote:

I leave all my carry guns stock.

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Good strategy that way you can buy more guns and ammo.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
quote:
What’s a fairly large percentage? Mine has been perfect. Haven’t heard many on here who have them have issues either.

Mine has been reliable as well as have the other 3 purchased by friends of mine. I just took mine out again, so it's over 700 rounds now. The others bought theirs before me but all have the X-Ray sights, so they're not the very first run.

quote:

For Glocks, I leave them mostly stock but will swap out sights. On the sub-compact and compacts (19/23/32/26/27/33), I'll put in an OEM smooth trigger. I hate the serrated one. On range guns, I'll usually put in an OEM minus (-) connector. On the G43, I'll put on Talon grips. On other guns, I'll often change out grips (1911s, Berettas, Sigs), usually to G10s.

To the OP, congrats on the G43. It's a great gun. I still like mine better than the P365, at least for now. I just shoot it better.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
You’ve chosen wisely...

Posts: 13808 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Am I the only guy that just buys a Glock and leaves it stock?

Not really. A Glock is like an Erector set with bullets. I buy the parts as they go on sale instead of a complete gun in a box. A shiny new one is easier, but there is no fun in that.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My guns are all stock except for the CZs which have Cajun Gun Works mods done professionally. The only thing I do to the Glocks is Talon grips.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Glocks are stock but I am realizing and liking what a flat trigger can do for you. I bought one for my G22 from Kineti-Tech a little while back. It does not do anything about changing the trigger pull but is more comfortable to shoot and somehow feels like the trigger is lighter/has better leverage, it is hard to explain. I am planning to get a couple more for the others I have, especially the 43. The 43 is the Glock many have been waiting for and I was one of them.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Mostly stock Glocks. I change sights and talons on some. The 43 I use TT +1 and +2 baseplates. I leave the internals alone except for maybe polishing the trigger mating surfaces.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post