SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Pocket Semi - Tell Me About the Ruger LCP2 - UPDATE PG 2
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pocket Semi - Tell Me About the Ruger LCP2 - UPDATE PG 2 Login/Join 
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
... but it’s hard to hold onto and just reminds me of a kel-Tec with a better finish

Get yourself some granulate TALON Grips. It’s a game changer. Makes the gun perfect.

Posts: 5071 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The only reason I went with the ruger over a kahr was that I wanted to use the underwood extreme defender ammo. The kahrs are known to not run that ammo well due to a steep feed ramp. I’m honestly not that impressed by the ruger, sure it has a nice trigger but it’s hard to hold onto and just reminds me of a kel-Tec with a better finish

There are plenty of feeding problems with the Kahr CW380, but I don't think the Extreme Defender is one of them -- I have used mine extensively with +P (for which the Kahr is rated and the Ruger is not) Extreme Defender and have not had a single feeding issue with that ammo -- the copper bullet profile does just fine on the steep Kahr ramp. But forget using HP ammo. . .

Clyde Washburn
NRA Cert. Pistol./Rifle/Shotgun Inst.

Posts: 12 | Location: Victor, NY | Registered: January 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
The only reason I went with the ruger over a kahr was that I wanted to use the underwood extreme defender ammo. The kahrs are known to not run that ammo well due to a steep feed ramp. I’m honestly not that impressed by the ruger, sure it has a nice trigger but it’s hard to hold onto and just reminds me of a kel-Tec with a better finish

the ruger is basically a redesigned Kel Tec

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It says right on the website that it doesn't like the kahrs much.

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
UPDATE:

I picked up my new LCPII from my FFL today. The purchase was made via Gunbroker from a "brick & mortar" store with +4k sales and an A+ rating.

My FFL did not open the UPS shipping box so we opened it, then the Ruger box, and there was NOT a magazine to be found.

I called the seller who said I was the 2nd person in a week to call with the same issue. He gave me Ruger's customer service number and of course Ruger's CS dept is closed on Saturday.

Maybe this update belongs in the "What's Your Deal" section as I'm not real happy.

Phooey on Ruger for shipping without a mag. Double phooey on the seller for not opening the box, taking inventory, before shipping it to me. Triply phooey on the seller for not making it right themselves by contacting Ruger versus leaving it up to me.

The dealer also told me the other purchaser that had the same problem told him Ruger said he would get his mag from Ruger in about 10 days.

Posts: 3718 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post