SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Pocket Semi - Tell Me About the Ruger LCP2 - UPDATE PG 2
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pocket Semi - Tell Me About the Ruger LCP2 - UPDATE PG 2 Login/Join 
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted
My usual CCW is a 4-1/4" 1911 or a SIG 229.

However there are times when both are simply too large and thus my search for an inexpensive "pocket-able" semi-auto.

From what I've read, the reviews sound good and the trigger is quite good for a handgun that costs around $250.

Do any of you have an experience with the Ruger LCP2 - whether positive or negative?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: h2oys,

Posts: 3697 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
I have a LCP II. I use it as my "backup" gun. I like it very much! It is accurate & has been totally reliable with over 500 rds of various types of .380 ammo. The trigger is by far, one of the nicest I've used on a "pocket" gun.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 702 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's good as far as pocket pistols go. As expected out a small pistol, especially for a guy with big hands like me, it's hard to get a decent grip. It doesn't help the grips aren't grippy, but Talons help. But that's the trade off, right? Well, that and the underpowered cartridge and the capacity. But I just don't do pocket pistols for these reasons.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Seems to be a solid design. I know a couple of fellows that use it for everyday pocket carry. Frankly their relatively limited round counts would give me pause but they are convinced that it's a great little design. I've missed out on shooting one now a couple of times, mostly because at this point in life I have zero use for this sort of gun. But I'm still wanting to shoot it anyways, if only to see how it compares to the original LCP, a model that I've long disliked in how it shot for me.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I have and LC9s, not sure how close that is to the LCP2 but would never carry it in a pocket unless it was in a holster... which would add a good bit to its size.

the very light trigger and no safety on the LC9s is a major concern for carry unless the trigger is covered.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sold my Seecamp .32 because I felt I wanted a bit more firepower. I opted for a LCPII and I am very happy with my purchase. I shoot it at 30' and I am very happy with the accuracy of my handloads. I carry it in a Talon Wallet holster and it seems to find it's way into my jeans far more than I ever expected. So much so in fact I found a real deal on a used LCP/green laser and I now keep that one in a small compartment in my car on a everyday basis.

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
I have one in my pocket every day. It’s a great shooter.

Posts: 5070 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Thanks all.

I inherited a mint .25 baby Browning which is simply too nice to carry and is irreplaceable as it was my fathers.

Looks like a LCP2 is in the horizon for me!

Posts: 3697 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got the basic model (actually three of them), even with the +1 mag it disappears in a front pocket (inside a DeSantis Nemesis). The slide not locking back is annoying but I'm used to it.

Is are still $170 with free shipping:

http://palmettostatearmory.com...6rd-pistol-3701.html

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
I've got the basic model (actually three of them), even with the +1 mag it disappears in a front pocket (inside a DeSantis Nemesis). The slide not locking back is annoying but I'm used to it.

Is are still $170 with free shipping:

http://palmettostatearmory.com...6rd-pistol-3701.html

Thanks Sigmund. Actually I am looking at the LCPII versus its predecessor the LCP. It is smaller and has a single action trigger. I just checked palmetto and they are out of stock so it does not show a price.

posted Hide Post
LCP II is now in stock at $200. Sorry, no free shipping.

http://palmettostatearmory.com...content=5%3a00+Email

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
LCP II is now in stock at $200. Sorry, no free shipping.

http://palmettostatearmory.com...content=5%3a00+Email

Thank you!

Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h2oys:
I just checked palmetto and they are out of stock so it does not show a price.

FYI, the trick to finding the last price on an OOS item at PSA is put it in a comparison with another item. When you "compare", the price shows up.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I compared the LCP, LCP Custom, and LCP 2 side by side and chose the LCP Custom. Carrying a loaded and cocked single action in my pocket or deep appendix puts my hair on end. Of course it's now tough to find a LCP-C, I'm thinking I should get a spare while I can.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My lcp2 was great the first couple times I shot it. The last time not so much.. kept failing to eject on me, put some lube on it and it kept doing it. It’s a new gun so maybe it just needs more rounds through it but I now second guess it

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
My lcp2 was great the first couple times I shot it. The last time not so much.. kept failing to eject on me, put some lube on it and it kept doing it. It’s a new gun so maybe it just needs more rounds through it but I now second guess it

Call Ruger with your issue. They will take care of everything and you will have your gun back in a couple of weeks.

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I love the trigger on the LCP2, but I didn't buy one and kept my Kahr CW380 for the following reasons:

1) there is no firing pin block on the LCP2. That worries me as it's carried cocked single action only hammer.

2) the sights on the CW380 are far better

3) I can get a better grip on the Kahr

Having said that, the trigger on the Ruger is much better than the Kahr.

Just all food for thought. I think both are good guns.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only reason I went with the ruger over a kahr was that I wanted to use the underwood extreme defender ammo. The kahrs are known to not run that ammo well due to a steep feed ramp. I’m honestly not that impressed by the ruger, sure it has a nice trigger but it’s hard to hold onto and just reminds me of a kel-Tec with a better finish

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's true the LCP 2 doesn't have a firing pin safety but what it does have is a second ledge or catch on the hammer that prevents the pistol from firing unless the trigger is held back, essentially doing the same job. I've had every version and carry a LCP 2 on those days I can't carry my 320 compact.

Posts: 2 | Registered: March 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I had concerns about the single action nature of the LCP2. I looked into it and found that the sear engagement is so robust that Ruger had to machine away the primary engagement point to test the secondary engagement designed to catch the hammer in the event the primary failed. I still WISH it had some form of firing pin safety, but I'm not overly concerned with it.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post