SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    p320 RX Romeo 1 failure
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

p320 RX Romeo 1 failure Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
To give SIG their due on the Romeo package as a whole, the sights installed on the different RXs are pretty darn good and are a very effective set-up. If your battery does go dead you aren't left defenseless.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When my Romeo 1 died, It took less than a second for me to switch back to the irons and put a round in the bull. Granted I am the one who started this rant, but with the excellent BUIS on the p320, red dot failure does not mean you are defenseless. This is why I suspect all of us run BUIS on red dot equipped rifles too

Posts: 15 | Registered: March 13, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Optics on a pistol for me are a NO GO.

Posts: 702 | Location: Gatesville, TX | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BklynBoy:
When my Romeo 1 died, It took less than a second for me to switch back to the irons and put a round in the bull. Granted I am the one who started this rant, but with the excellent BUIS on the p320, red dot failure does not mean you are defenseless. This is why I suspect all of us run BUIS on red dot equipped rifles too
But lets be honest, RDS on a pistol seem to go down much more than on a rifle.

RDS on a rifle are pretty much accepted as the norm for everyone seriously employing a rifle.

RDS on a pistol is coming into more acceptance, however they don't seem nearly as reliable - I have no data to back that up, just my impression from looking at RDS threads on pistols.

The Trijicon RMR seems to remain the all around 'best', but even then they go down for reasons other than a dead battery more than quality RDS on rifles.

I see how it can help (I have a Ruger MKII with a RDS, a Vortex Venom) but think we still have several years and hopefully some new product lines to get it to where I'd like to see it.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't disagree with you Rhino, that's why this is a $750 experiment for me. Time will tell, in the interim it is just another gun that is a hoot to shoot

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Agreed, just because the sight dies doesn't mean you are SOL, glad to hear you are enjoying the pistola! Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pittwm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gkgeiger:
quote:

I am on the verge of of selling this gun. I actually like the p320 very much and have been shooting it very well, but I wanted an optics equipped pistol and there is not much I can do here without selling it. It turns out the mounting plate is proprietary and Sig does not offer base plates for Trijicon or other red dots. I see that Trijicon seems to have a base plate that fits the 320 but it fits the rear sight dovetail and that is not what I want.

I sold my 320 RX a couple weeks after I bought it. I'm a 1911 guy and just didn't like the feel. I have a Trij RMR on one of my 1911's and it quit working a few months ago. I sent it back and they repaired it. I haven't had a chance to try yet since my gun has been down for over 3 months, trying to get a threaded barrel.

if you have flickering with the RMR, the usual cause is the battery loosing contact under recoil. Battlewerx sells a battle plate" that puts pressure upward on the battery.

Posts: 5445 | Location: Paducah KY | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
But lets be honest, RDS on a pistol seem to go down much more than on a rifle.

RDS on a rifle are pretty much accepted as the norm for everyone seriously employing a rifle.

RDS on a pistol is coming into more acceptance, however they don't seem nearly as reliable - I have no data to back that up, just my impression from looking at RDS threads on pistols.

The Trijicon RMR seems to remain the all around 'best', but even then they go down for reasons other than a dead battery more than quality RDS on rifles.

I see how it can help (I have a Ruger MKII with a RDS, a Vortex Venom) but think we still have several years and hopefully some new product lines to get it to where I'd like to see it.

"RDS on a pistol is coming into more acceptance, however they don't seem nearly as reliable - I have no data to back that up, just my impression from looking at RDS threads on pistols."

Larry Vickers seemed to believe a while back that they weren't the slightest bit reliable. That was pretty early on though and I'm not sure if his opinion or experience has changed.

I'm no big red-dot or mos pistol fan and I'm certainly no Vicker's dirty sock sniffer.

I do consider his observations though. I think they may have been Delta-points or Burris sights too. I'm waiting and watching you guys before I decide on any of them. Smile

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Made in china!

Super quicky good deal fo YOO!

I was shopping pcb fabs for a simple controller design, looked at chinese fabs and some will send pics of the facility.

One of my buddies said "that building, dreary and 1984esque as it is, can't be in china-no suicide nets"

Posts: 5134 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have mounted Venom red-dot sights on the slides of several pistols without a failure - yet. Re-dot sights are a staple in Bullseye competition.

In addition to the P320F9 RX with SIG sight, the M&P 9L Pro CORE works very well with red-dot and iron sights - after fixing the trigger, of course. I expect that an M&P 2.0 9L Pro CORE will not need as much work in order to reap its capabilities.

Battery failure is so rare that I do not remember it occurring. I have a very old re-dot sight mounted on an equally old target pistol that still runs with the original battery. With the old sight, one must remember to turn the thing off.

Cut slides to hold light-weight red-dot sights are now common - hold outs seem to be Colt and Ruger among the major manufacturers. Ruger has long provided the capability of attaching a rail.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is the Walther barrel issue?

Posts: 186 | Registered: September 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since you helped me out here, let me help you back, so everyone understands wth you're talking about.

quote:

Walther has been having issues with the barrels in the PPQ's lately

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
See here for example. Walther recently changed the manufacturing process for its barrels and there have been many reports of pitting and etching after just a few hundred rounds. http://www.waltherforums.com/f...-t-cause-issues.html

For what it is worth, I have no such issues with my PPS M1

quote:
Originally posted by YVK:
Since you helped me out here, let me help you back, so everyone understands wth you're talking about.

quote:

Walther has been having issues with the barrels in the PPQ's lately

posted Hide Post
Wow, 41 pages -- is there a cliff notes version?

My interest is the Q5 for USPSA Carry Optics, and as long as the barrels stay reliable and accurate, I would not be bothered by aesthetics. Also looks like Jarvis makes a barrel.

Posts: 186 | Registered: September 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GJM AK:
Wow, 41 pages -- is there a cliff notes version?

Yes.

1. OP dated 05/16 says barrel pitted and etched and not accurate without any quantification thereof, goes after Walther CS including opening a BBB case, gets a new barrel by page 14 or 10/16, says bbl is all shiny and gun is now accurate without any quantification thereof.
2. Following forty pages dedicated to discussion of Walther's CS and QC, reasonable expectations of how shiny mass produced barrels should be, nitrocarburizing, and occasional reports of other unfortunate Walther owners affected by such misfortune.
3. No quantifiable reports of accuracy or functionality issues still.
4. Within that time frame, at least one guy gets banned.
5. Somewhere by page 20 somebody says that in Europe Walther doesn't replace barrels because of this because it doesn't affect anything. US Walther owners lead the world in consumer protection.
6. Somewhere around the time page 39 comes up, Hwansik finishes within 0.6% to Max Michel at the Optics Nationals with his Walther, including hitting all As at a 20+ yard stage with partials. He has no quantifiable reports of accuracy problems. He actually shoots more accurately but slightly slower than Max, whose Romeo 1 runs just fine. Full reference is here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3id0DGQ03I
7. I think you'll be at home at that forum.

and

8. Not a word about Romeo 1 failures.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: YVK,

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post