SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 239 with slide mounted safety?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 239 with slide mounted safety? Login/Join 
Picture of dc54
posted
There is a Sig 239 on a local Outdoor Trading website that has a slide mounted safety. Quite ugly with a big red dot under the safety on the slide. Did Sig ever produce such a beast?

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Sure it's not a SIG Pro 2009?
Here's a 2009 with a manual safety for reference...

Not saying they don't exist, but I've never seen or even heard of a 239 with a manual safety. Can you post a pic of it?

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
I’ve never seen or heard of one either.

There was one mentioned in this thread, https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/9820059844 down towards the bottom.

Out of curiosity, I’d like to see one.

Posts: 3236 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
https://www.theoutdoorstrader....9-0-compact.1817731/

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't make out the writing on either side, but a 239 for sure. Possibly a LEO special order for some agency that doesn't understand how Sigs work?

Posts: 1642 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: June 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Weird. I don't like it.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Safety lever looks similar to those on the SigPros, albeit backwards.

Likely a one off agency / overseas contract buy? Maybe a replacement for the Japanese LEO P230 with safeties? IDK.

Looks to have SN on the slide and frame, with a white import marking on the slide.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Son of a gun - learn something new every day!

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
These were sold about a decade or so ago. A small batch came in about the same time as the P230's with frame-mounted external safety.

Posts: 6623 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
Well, now I can’t say I never saw one.

Thanks for posting the link, and pictures.

Posts: 3236 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it's funny to see the oddballs floating around there - the P239/SP2009/P230s with safeties, the Overseas Glocks with safeties, etc, etc.

posted Hide Post
It appears to have a non-Sig import mark on it. Just a little too blurry for me to make out.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
Need a better picture, but, the import mark appears to be the Sigarms Exeter mark.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcs1564:
Need a better picture, but, the import mark appears to be the Sigarms Exeter mark.

That was my impression as well from seeing them on other SIGs in the past.

Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
An unnecessary addition to a great gun that turned beauty into ugly.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1553 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Not my gun, found the pics many years ago and saved them.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
I was shown a NIB example in a shop I frequented years ago. I can't recall the exact price, but remember thinking it was quite reasonable at the time. I was tempted just because it was so unusual. Looks like a unique extractor. Required to accommodate installation of the safety on the slide?

I was told that these were produced for the Japanese police, but who knows?

NRA Life

Posts: 1564 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Now, I can finally say I've seen everything. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post