SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    For the love of a good 22lr pistol.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For the love of a good 22lr pistol. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
quote:
Originally posted by striperkid:
Nice collection. I like the Ruger Mark series. I'm probably going to pick up another Ruger this week.

Here's a pic because a response is just better with one...lol

Now that i pretty unique.!

Thanks. Yes it is indeed unique. This is a 1961 Mark 1 with the factory compensator attached. I just happened to be visiting a LGS when a guy walked in and put it on consignment. After he left, I purchased it for $250.

Posts: 141 | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are accurate little pistols. I think the closest modern pistol to the ease and price of a hi standard is the victory.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What's your take on the Beretta target? Worth the buy in? 1k for a 22 seems a bit excessive to me, but I can't convince myself I don't need one.

Like the 617 too. Have a 4" model. Fun little range toy.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, the 87t is a super nice gun. I like the smooth rolling trigger. Some do not like the trigger at all.

For less money the sig trailside is a better buy. At the same new price the xeese with its few upgrades over the trail side would be an execelent buy. A used 41, 6 inch 617, colt woodsman target are all options. To be honest if you want one by all means. It is a super fun pistol. I picked it up after many recomendations on here. As for accuracy, dime sized groups at 50 ft with practice.

It is a competitor for target and fun gun.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 87T because my LGS had one for over a year with no takers. My guy offered it to me for 600 and I couldn't say no. That being said, I'm not a fan. It isn't a target pistol in trigger quality and the SAO nature limits its field/carry use to me. Save your money and get the standard 87.

Posts: 7349 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
22's have always been and will continue to be my favorites. I especially like old school steel and wood types. While I was never down to critical mass with the ammo shortage it is nice to see the supply of 22 commonly on dealer shelves again, even if not at old time prices!

Posts: 3271 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+1 on the beretta 87. Best quality and most reliable 22 combat style pistol out there- Definitely worth the $900 .

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a great fan of the M41 and I have two of them. It is not the world's best target pistol but it's certainly in the top five or so.
The grip angle, trigger, and balance of the M41 with 5.5" barrel comes near to shooting a tuned 1911.
I have owned a lot of 22s in the 65 years that I have been buying them and I keep coming back to the M41.
Some barrels are a bit picky about ammunition but when I use CCI Std Vel or above I can shoot 3-400 rounds without a FTF.

Posts: 3853 | Location: Citrus County Florida | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I was looking through my photobucket for a 22 pistol family picture and found a couple, however in each picture I'd let about 1/2 of them go. There are a few I kind of regret letting go of; S&W41, Browning Buckmark Signature, an H&R Sportsman 9 shot ... but they just sat in the safe ... I still got my Hi Standard 8" Trophy, Colt Cadet with the 4" and 6" target barrels, a couple Ruger MKIII's and several Beretta's, one of which is a NEOS which after 3-4 years I've still haven't decided if its going to stay or go ...

I guess its time for a new family picture!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
I'm looking at a second 22/45.

And if I didn't already have one, I'd be very interested in the 70s I see for sale....ah who am I kidding...

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSentry:

And if I didn't already have one, I'd be very interested in the 70s I see for sale....ah who am I kidding...

Where are you seeing them for sale?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
I was looking through my photobucket for a 22 pistol family picture and found a couple, however in each picture I'd let about 1/2 of them go. There are a few I kind of regret letting go of; S&W41, Browning Buckmark Signature, an H&R Sportsman 9 shot ... but they just sat in the safe ... I still got my Hi Standard 8" Trophy, Colt Cadet with the 4" and 6" target barrels, a couple Ruger MKIII's and several Beretta's, one of which is a NEOS which after 3-4 years I've still haven't decided if its going to stay or go ...

I guess its time for a new family picture!

Yes, my friend post up that family photo.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldRoger:
I am a great fan of the M41 and I have two of them. It is not the world's best target pistol but it's certainly in the top five or so.
The grip angle, trigger, and balance of the M41 with 5.5" barrel comes near to shooting a tuned 1911.
I have owned a lot of 22s in the 65 years that I have been buying them and I keep coming back to the M41.
Some barrels are a bit picky about ammunition but when I use CCI Std Vel or above I can shoot 3-400 rounds without a FTF.

I have not owned a 41, i am at a loss as to which era to pick up.

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
just a handful of the 22LR Berettas I have (not including many others plus several S&W's)

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked up this MKII tonight at a LGS. I'll take it apart this weekend for a good cleaning.

Posts: 141 | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
nice score, i have such a soft spot for MKII pistols. The safety lever looks like it had a bit of dried oil. This should be a solid shooter. It will be a joy of a project.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
just a handful of the 22LR Berettas I have (not including many others plus several S&W's)

Your guns always make me weak in the knees. If my name was Chris Mathews, my leg would be tingling.

sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I shot a new PPK in 22, and it had jam after jam after misfire after misfire. Mayyy have been the ammo - just a 50 round box of federal stuff - nothing special. but it was a bit disappointing to say the least.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have not owned a 41, i am at a loss as to which era to pick up.

Mine are both '60s era pistols with cocking indicators. However, I see little difference between the old ones and new. Actually there seems to be little difference in price either.
I suppose somewhere there is someone who has worn one out, no one that I know has done so.

I bought one of mine new and the other from another target shooter, both have shot at least 100k rounds.
I have done very little but replace springs and one mag release.

If something happened to one of mine I would not hesitate to buy either used or new. The trigger out of the box is as good as any production pistol made. Usually 2#+ a couple of ounces and very repeatable. Trigger travel to break is very, very, short.

Barrels are available and easy to change, if you watch you can find a Bully Barrel (Ray-Vin) which is great for Red-Dots.

Posts: 3853 | Location: Citrus County Florida | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
My only serious regret regarding sales/purchases of firearms, was my sale of a Ruger MkII Target model.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post