SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    For the love of a good 22lr pistol.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For the love of a good 22lr pistol. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post

Highly modified Browning Buckmark Hunter:
Volquartsen Internals, Tac Sol Barrel, Ultradot Match Dot II.
Shoots nice 'N tight handheld at 25 yards after initial sight-ins:

Posts: 957 | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Both of those sets are awesome. I have never seen beownies before. Super cool. I love the buckmark. I had a ruger mkIII with vq internals and Tac Sol upper.

That is a nice group at 25yds. My xeese is doing well. I am doing my best to adapt to single hand bulls eye stance. I am doing about 1.5 inches on a good day, 2.5 to 3 inches at 25ft

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My vote is for a nice Smith K-22...Or a nice Ruger MKII...

They're just the ticket for a relaxing afternoon of backyard fun!... Smile ....mikey357

Posts: 645 | Location: Griffin, GA, USA | Registered: November 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Indeed. However, I would not have had anything to do with pre Mark IV just because of the extra effort required. Have now worked on two Mark IV installing the V. company full kit. Now have a trigger with small take-up, small over-travel, and in need of less force to actuate. (More required force than the advertised amount, but a significant improvement over out-of-the-box.) . . also does away with the several extra parts that keep track of where the magazine is.

AND it was trivial after performing work on essentially every part in the frame to reassemble!!! Hint: 1. instructions use full size part numbers; 2. with hammer stright up it is most easy to push pin part of safety all of the way in and still have hammer strut on end of main-spring; 3 use a bit of masking tape on the various small parts to keep them from going AWOL

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ran across a couple of hammereli 208's. Gah.. must not buy....

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
I shot a new PPK in 22, and it had jam after jam after misfire after misfire. Mayyy have been the ammo - just a 50 round box of federal stuff - nothing special. but it was a bit disappointing to say the least.

Member Ed Fowler has found his PPK .22LR to be reliable. Don't know which ammo he uses.

I have one one the original PPK/s 22's, mine shoots everything, as did the other 2 original 22 Walthers I previously owned.

The Remington "Golden Bullets" always give the best accuracy.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
legendary_lawman
Picture of prairieviper
posted Hide Post
Nice collection. My S&W 617, pictured below, is the handgun I shoot the most and goes on every trip to the range. I'm more of a revolver guy but I would like to own a model 41 someday.

"In God We Trust"

Posts: 1992 | Location: Central USA - Cornfields & Cows | Registered: May 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
I also wanted a S&W Model 41 and decided to buy a brand new one. You get a lifetime warranty that way and S&W has really improved themselves by leaps and bounds during the last decade or so. I am very happy with mine.

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
I have a few, including the 41, some High Standard B's, and the 617.... but this one is really a lot of fun.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Neat! I've never seen one of those before.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8942 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Neat! I've never seen one of those before.

They turn up quite a bit, until the mid 2000's olympic arms sold them.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prairieviper:
Nice collection. My S&W 617, pictured below, is the handgun I shoot the most and goes on every trip to the range. I'm more of a revolver guy but I would like to own a model 41 someday.

Nice looking 617!

I had been looking for about 5 years trying to find a pre lock 10 shot 617 for under 500. I finally did in ct, stuffed in the back corner of a used case under a pair of 460 and 500 smith and wesson revolvers. I got it home as fast as i could. I can not tell you how many thousands of rounds i have put through mine.

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Brought a new friend home last night. Swapped my Nill-Griffe palm rest over to it, being 100% steel and all it feels more at home there.

Also...singing the praises of Mahoney's Walnut Oil for restoring dry scales or grips. [I have a vacuum marinator with a bottle and a half in it to do infusion but the big Nill set doesn't fit unless I dump three bottles ($60 worth).]

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice pgt, i have yet to own one of those. I can t seem to find one wgen i am looking.
I ran across a lightly fired no lock 671-4 box paperwork yesterday. Lovely revolver. It needs a good home.

posted Hide Post
Those nills look great. I suspect they cost more than my 422 did with the four spare magazines though! Mine is 4.5 blued with the wood grips and adjustable sights. I use it in steel challenge and others seem amazed it can shoot so well. It is stone dead reliable too. I paid $230 bucks for it with two mags and in searching gun show junk boxes got three more mags for $75. So for around 300 bucks a great shooting gun that is cheaper than most of the other competitors red dots alone. At steel challenge there seems to be a direct relationship to how tricked out the guns are and how frequently they malfunction!
My other .22 is a smith model 17 from the 60's I shoot bullseye with. I am one of the few in our small contingent of bullseye shooters still using irons and the only with a .22 revolver I am not the best by any means but I hold my own pretty well

Posts: 3287 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Midway and Brownells has the 422/622/2206/41 mags on sale for $22.99 from time to time. Brand new. Don't bother with gun show finds when they're $29.99 MSRP.

I actually scored those Nill grips from Numrich for $169 last year. They had a bunch in stock at blow-out prices and it seemed like the natural fit for a 2206. I had them on the plain version which I sold in hopes of finding a fair price on a TGT. I put them on the 622VR in the meantime but substantial grips on a light alloy gun just felt weird. The 2206TGT is the perfect home for them.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love my S&W 18 that someone did a grip modification to round butt. Looks factory but don't think they ever made one. The S&W 41 with 5 barrels (all different sight systems) has too many options doing all things well. My most accurate in my hands (small) is the Browning Challenger Belgium from the 60's 4 1/2 and 6 3/4" barrels that has a similar 2 1/4# trigger to the 41. I put the plastic grips on it to get a slimmer grip than the nice looking checkered walnut.

Posts: 30 | Registered: November 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
This conversion was done back in the late 70's.
Fun 22LR pistol.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rinehart:
This conversion was done back in the late 70's.
Fun 22LR pistol.

That is pretty cool. It is not the first mash up i have seen, it is the first 22lr though.